to dislike the new paying-in machines Barclays?

(6 Posts)
wanderings Mon 28-Sep-15 15:03:07

I am self-employed, so I pay into my account once or twice a week. Usually I fill in the details on the envelope, stick it in the machine where you pull out the handle, three little beeps - job done. In and out in thirty seconds. After several years of doing this, there has never been a problem.

Today I paid in at a different branch from usual, with the envelope all ready, and lo and behold: contrary to what I had seen there before, I had to queue at one of those machines where you have to type everything in, lots of menus to go in and out of, and it's all so slowwwwwwwwwwww!!! I was there for 8 minutes instead of the usual 30 seconds.

AIBU to think this is not an improvement? Although it might mean less delay before the money actually goes into the account, it now means there will be queues which were not there before!

LunchpackOfNotreDame Mon 28-Sep-15 15:12:19

It might be to prevent cock ups from their end.

wasonthelist Mon 28-Sep-15 15:16:24

Yanbu it is not an improvement (for you at least).

gaggiagirl Mon 28-Sep-15 15:17:19

I was just thinking the same thing on Friday, I really fell out with that machine. I was fucking on putting money in and taking money out and after lots of noise and screen pressing it told me it had no money and to join the queue to speak to the one remaining human in the branch. Sad times.

MuddlingMackem Mon 28-Sep-15 16:01:39

YANBU. Although I prefer to hand the cash over to a person so I know for sure the bank has it in their coffers.

I went to the main branch in town and was directed to the machines, so I told the lady I'd go to our smaller, local branch where there were people to serve instead. I'm sticking with the little branch from now on.

There are people at the main branch, but they're for business banking and, although our account is for a business, it's actually a basic personal account so I'm not entitled to use the queue to be served by a person. hmm

wonkylegs Mon 28-Sep-15 16:16:09

The one I our local Lloyds doesn't accept the large cheques, the ones printed on the bottom of A4 letters, it always says there is a fault. As I regularly get these for expenses reimbursement I tend to just get in the queue and pay them in. Everytime they tell me I can pay them in the machine and I point out their machine doesn't like them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now