Would you be offended?

(8 Posts)
cariadthebaird Sun 27-Sep-15 14:19:33

I'm 25 and recently went away to celebrate a friend's bday weekend. Shes living in her parents house while hers is being renovated and they very kindly let us stay there.

They were happy for us to have a few drinks there before going out which we did, but naturally things got quite raucous and we made a lot of noise. Eventually we left the house after midnight and arrived back in the early hours, trying to be quiet but unfortunately her dad stirred and heard us. He didn't complain though, just briefly mentioned it

Her mum very kindly gave us a lift earlier (flashback to teenage years...!) and we were all in high spirits and very very giggly still drunk eventually I pulled myself together and was polite and chatty but I'm embarrassed about how I behaved! I basically became 15 again blush as I say I was polite and got it together by the end but would you be annoyed if you were them?? I'm planning to send them a thank you card but don't know if I should mention the silliness?!

WorraLiberty Sun 27-Sep-15 14:23:35

Aww they sound nice enough, so I would probably say something like 'I hope we didn't disturb you too much'.

Mind you if it was a real problem, I'm sure your friend would have kept you all a bit quieter.

Autumnnights1 Sun 27-Sep-15 14:24:12

Yes I would be a bit pissed off initially as im sure they were. I wouldnt hold it against you though.

If I got a thank you card with a little apology for my rather giddy behaviour Id be over the moon.

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Sun 27-Sep-15 14:27:46

It wouldnt bother me as a one off, send a card. Always nice to be appreciated.

cariadthebaird Sun 27-Sep-15 14:28:05

Ok thank you both!

I have apologised to my friend but just got so awkward and teenagery! I'm mortified as I manage to be an adult at work so not sure what was going on, I think it was silly giddiness! Will send some chocs too just saying how kind it was for them to put us up and how I hope we weren't too much of a disturbance!

reni2 Sun 27-Sep-15 14:36:03

I think just an oh-so-rare-nowadays-thank you card will do the trick, lovely thought smile.

StayWithMe Sun 27-Sep-15 14:55:08

If her parents are anything like me they would have been annoyed about being woken up but spent the day reminiscing about when their daughter and friends were younger. smile I love it when my youngest boy comes home and all his friends arrive. They drive me nuts keeping me awake but I secretly love the joy they bring to the house. Pure, silly nonsense.

goawayalready Sun 27-Sep-15 17:59:46

send flowers they always go down well flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now