Wibu to cancel?

(12 Posts)
Feawen Sat 26-Sep-15 12:21:41

I'm meant to spend the afternoon in London with three friends today. One I see regularly, two were met on holiday years ago and live abroad, so I may not get to see them again for a long time. We aren't close but are in touch by email a few times a year.

I have woken up this morning with a stinking cold sad

slicedfinger Sat 26-Sep-15 12:23:34

I'd be trying to drug myself up, and go for at least a while.

Oysterbabe Sat 26-Sep-15 12:24:30

I'd definitely go.

laffymeal Sat 26-Sep-15 12:25:11

It's just a cold. Go.

PurpleDaisies Sat 26-Sep-15 12:29:35

Paracetamol, caffeine and a really hot shower. Go meet your friends-you will be really sad if you miss it. You can always leave early if you need to.

Wishing you a speedy recover.

PurpleDaisies Sat 26-Sep-15 12:30:18

Oops-recovery.

FadedRed Sat 26-Sep-15 12:30:52

I'm in two minds about this. Yes it's 'just' a cold, but you probably feel a bit rotten today and unsure if you are up to the effort of journey and the rest of the day, but will miss this opportunity to see them for a longish time if you don't go.
On the other hand, will your friends be delighted to see you with an infectious disease and if they are, will they be still delighted next week when they have your cold and are feeling as rough as you do today?
Not very helpful, sorry.

Flossyfloof Sat 26-Sep-15 12:32:00

Depends how far away you are.

Feawen Sat 26-Sep-15 12:49:08

Sorry, yes, I was thinking more along the lines of fadedred- I do feel rotten but mainly I don't want to pass on my plague! I'm a couple of hours away door to door.

Hellochicken Sat 26-Sep-15 12:52:42

I'd go and bring hand sanitiser and tissues to try and limit passing it on!

BabyGanoush Sat 26-Sep-15 13:03:29

colds are always worse in the morning.

Take lemsip or simlar and just go, IMO

wankerchief Sat 26-Sep-15 13:06:15

Drug yourself up to the high heavens and give it ago, you might feel
Better out and about

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now