To think that the woman in the 'day to night' make-up video over there --> looks like a five-year-old did her face?

(16 Posts)
CactusAnnie Fri 25-Sep-15 21:24:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CactusAnnie Fri 25-Sep-15 21:25:52

Racundra Fri 25-Sep-15 21:26:53

Aw, that's a bit harsh, poor woman!

CactusAnnie Fri 25-Sep-15 21:34:16

MitzyLeFroof Fri 25-Sep-15 21:48:40

I've just watched it. I did think 'oh you've applied way too much blusher'......and then she put some more blusher on.

Aside from that I think it's okay. I'm not inspired to buy any of the products mentioned though.

Carpaccio Fri 25-Sep-15 23:15:58

Oh, she looks very sweet.

My only problem with the video is that the blusher brush looks like it really needs a clean.

On a more constructive note, zooming in just a little bit would make it much easier to see what she is doing/how she's applying the products.

pigsDOfly Fri 25-Sep-15 23:28:28

It's not flattering and looks very heavy, as if it's been put on with a trowel. I think she'd look better with a something less harsh.

Not sure what she's spraying on her hair but it's clearly not worth the money as it made no difference whatsoever.

steff13 Sat 26-Sep-15 02:52:11

I don't think that lipstick is doing her any favors, but other than that, she looks nice.

Bulbasaur Sat 26-Sep-15 03:07:09

Part of the problem is that this is being looked at in day settings when night make up is meant to be viewed in lower lighting. I had heavy make up on my wedding that looked a bit caked on like that, but looked amazing in photos and in the reception area that was a bit dimly lit to set the mood.

So yes, she looks a bit awkward because it's in full daylight and not dim night lights with a few lights hanging above to light your face.

steff13 Sat 26-Sep-15 03:08:56

That's a fair point.

WaggleBee Sat 26-Sep-15 03:16:12

But worried that I think she looks fine blush

<puts blusher brush down>

WaggleBee Sat 26-Sep-15 03:16:26

*bit

WaggleBee Sat 26-Sep-15 03:28:40

Oh hang on, I've watched it again <dedicated> . I think the shades are wrong for her. Especially the blusher. And the brush is too big for her cheeks. That along with the wobbly lip liner and daytime lighting is what is making it look wrong.

Tbf she's probably been given the products and told what to use and she's rushing.

darksideofthemooncup Sat 26-Sep-15 03:38:09

this has taken over from the Mumsnet DIY haircut hasn't it? grin

AllThePrettySeahorses Sat 26-Sep-15 07:20:56

I think she looks really fresh and pretty in the "before" picture so I think I'd prefer to know how to look like that instead! The make up ... not so much.

Whoknewitcouldbeso Sat 26-Sep-15 07:31:14

On my phone she looks absolutely fine. Perhaps it looks worse on a large screen or something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now