AIBU to do nothing more? (eBay)

(3 Posts)
Flossyfloof Sun 20-Sep-15 13:00:15

I sold a pair of jeans this week and had a message from the buyer saying that I had described them incorrectly as straight leg when, in fact, they are bootleg. She is not sure if she wants a pair of bootleg jeans. She followed this up with another message asking if I had shortened the jeans myself. I answered saying absolutely not and apologising for the mistake in the description. I offered her a partial or full refund. This was all on Thursday and I haven't heard anything else from her. eBay shows that my message to her was definitely sent.
AIBU to leave it there and wait for her or should I press her for a decision? I hate having things hanging over me and if she wants a full refund I don't think I have any choice but to offer one. I wish I had offered that and not the partial really.

FarFromAnyRoad Sun 20-Sep-15 13:03:28

I never offer partial refunds. It's either keep the thing or return it according to eBay rules. If you did make a mistake in the listing then it's a fair cop and you should refund but if I were you and she contacted me again I would ask her to go through the correct channels and do it officially. She might be trying it on - and it wouldn't be unheard of for her to be trying to get you to accept a return on something that wasn't yours to start with! The longer I do eBay the more I learn about the shittiness that some will stoop to!
Message her back, apologise again and ask her to begin a 'Significantly Not As Described' case via eBay with which you will fully comply.

Flossyfloof Sun 20-Sep-15 13:11:12

That's really helpful, thank you, I don't know why I bother th eBay I hunk it is increasingly a rip off really. I just have 4 pairs of jeans which I have never worn and thought I might get a bit of money for them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now