To feel a bit lost

(10 Posts)
MrsBB1982 Wed 09-Sep-15 20:36:06

I wirked full time until I had my DS 4 years ago, went back part time then had more time off when I had my daughter 19 months ago. I'm now working part time. Son has just started school. I work nights occasionally and am currently off work as compensatory rest. I used to be able to fill my time. For the last few days I've been without the kids and u have no idea what to do with myself. I've even gone into work to do admin stuff to pass the time. I feel rather pathetic that I can't find anything to do with myself.

Please tell me I'm not alone and totally ridiculous?!

StealthPolarBear Wed 09-Sep-15 20:38:02

What is a compensatory rest?
Can you up your hours?
Take on a hobby /group?

Hellocampers Wed 09-Sep-15 20:40:02

Jeepers op what about cleaning, cooking, ironing, gardening, food shopping blah blah. You must be super organised or employ staff.

I want your life. grin

Hellocampers Wed 09-Sep-15 20:41:27

And no idea what compensatory rest is but sounds bloody lovely. I mean compensation and rest are both nice words.

MrsBB1982 Wed 09-Sep-15 20:43:44

I'm meant to work 28 hours a week. If I work extra hours on call in the hospital u get time off to average my hours out. So with the nights I worked 67 hours giving me this time off to make up for it. I can't up my hours as the hospital fixes my rota.

I find the idea of going back to my old hobbies (or new ones) difficult. Partly because it's difficult to reliably do them with shift work.I also now find myself feeling guilty if I do.anything purely for me. My DH is very supportive and keeps taking the kids out so I have some down time but I find myself doing hosiework rather than anything pleasurable

MrsBB1982 Wed 09-Sep-15 20:46:20

My husband and I share the housework fairly evenly. This extra time is to make up for the act I worked a 67 hour week. I'm not used to not having the kids around and find after doing the hosiework in less than half the time with them here I'm not sure what to do with the rest of the time.

Definitely no money for staff on our wages!

CocktailQueen Wed 09-Sep-15 20:48:21

do, op, enjoy having time for yourself! I know it can be hard to relax but just have a nap, watch tv, read, draw, ring a friend, take up a new hobby - anything! Enjoy smile

RandomMess Wed 09-Sep-15 20:50:46

Surely the answer is SLEEP!!!

nottheOP Wed 09-Sep-15 20:52:31

Netflix!

catfordbetty Wed 09-Sep-15 21:02:26

Read a book? (Free from the library.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now