AIBU to wonder how this badly-photoshopped advert is still running?

(7 Posts)
tectonicplates Tue 08-Sep-15 16:25:05

I keep seeing this Perfectil advert all over the place and there's something about it that feels kind of awkward. Obviously there's some kind of photo manipulation going on, but I always feel like the woman is holding a flat, cardboard cutout mask in front her face that she's about to remove. Please tell me I'm not the only person who's noticed this!

MaidOfStars Tue 08-Sep-15 16:28:04

I just pepped up a batch of holiday photos and I realised that no matter what the lighting/etc, my BIL always looks like he's wearing a paper cut out mask. Odd.

In this case, it's the hand position and the fact that photos that have been zapped can look unnaturally flat.

OneDay103 Tue 08-Sep-15 16:35:50

Its no more different than every single product out there. Everything is so photoshopped these day, hard to believe whats what anymore.

tectonicplates Tue 08-Sep-15 16:47:51

I know everything's photoshopped, but most adverts don't make me feel like the model is about to remove their own face grin. I know lots of adverts can annoying but there's something about this one in particular that really bugs me.

SaskiaRembrandtWasFramed Tue 08-Sep-15 17:01:59

It does look like she's holding a mask, which is a more than a bit creepy.

MaidOfStars Tue 08-Sep-15 17:03:31

Better?

tectonicplates Tue 08-Sep-15 17:07:00

Aaaargh! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now