To think my neighbours TV is to loud?

(5 Posts)
LuckyWednesday Mon 07-Sep-15 17:18:59

My TV is usually on 7% volume and it can go up to 100%
I have had to turn my TV up to 13-14% bevause all I can hear is upstairs tv blaring, even at this volume I can still hear his TV
Now I have started wearing earplugs but it's annoying I shouldn't have to and I won't turn it up any louder because I do not want to annoy next door.
The sound proofing in here isn't great but regardless is it even normal to hear every word of his TV ?
I have met him before and he is ok but I hate complaining and I don't want to be that person but it's pissing me off, he has also been here for 7yrs and had no complaints but that's because the last two tenants, one was using the flat to store furniture so wasn't living here and before was a deaf elderly lady.

As far as I can tell he isn't deaf and when speaking to him he didn't seem to be hard of hearing and I have a very low soft voice.

Do you think I'm just being picky or is it to loud?

He is a housing association tenant and I am part buy off the same housing association, I don't know if this information matters.

LuckyWednesday Mon 07-Sep-15 17:20:16

I can actually still hear his TV even with earplugs in angry

Theycallmemellowjello Mon 07-Sep-15 17:21:13

Just ask him nicely to turn it down, you can't do anything else before talking to him.

LuckyWednesday Mon 07-Sep-15 17:28:26

I feel a bit akward as he may say he has never had any complaints, I had this with another place I lived in and the woman I complained to got worse. I don't want to go through that again so im unsure how to approach him

wasonthelist Mon 07-Sep-15 18:10:54

I dunno why some people have the TV so loud - I've visitors put my telly on and deafen me - for me I only need it oud enough to hear what's going on, not shaking the foundations. WIth a bit of luck he will accept what you say smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now