disgusted with UK response to this...

(6 Posts)
summertimeover Wed 02-Sep-15 08:33:53

I know I am being unreasonable as I am posting in AIBU for traffic, but I think the refugee crisis deservers our help.

Can everyone please check out this mumnset campaign thread. If enough people indicate their support mumsnet will take it on.

The photos of refugees, and in particular the children are breaking my heart. We have to something surely, yet the UK government's meanness is an embarrassment to all of us.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/mumsnet_campaigns/2459825-Refugee-children?watched=1&msgid=56394372#56394372

summertimeover Wed 02-Sep-15 08:34:47

Please ignore spelling in first line. I have small people crawling all over me whilst I type...

Bunbaker Wed 02-Sep-15 08:36:35

I saw on the local news yesterday that there was loads of camping stuff left behind at Leeds festival. Anything that could be salvaged will be cleaned and donated to the refugees.

summertimeover Wed 02-Sep-15 08:37:55

That's such a good idea. Given that most the people I speak to about this issue care, why do the government not?

shovetheholly Wed 02-Sep-15 08:43:33

There are a series of citizen campaigns that are dropping donations to Calais. You can join here on Facebook, and then search for your local group. Most places are taking donations of money, food, sleeping bags etc. at local drop-off points. It's not completely organised and co-ordinated yet (I'm sure volunteers would be very welcome), but at least it's something.

www.facebook.com/groups/CalaisMigrantSolidarityActionFromUK/?fref=nf

summertimeover Wed 02-Sep-15 08:58:12

That sounds brilliant Shovetheholly, I will go and check that out. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now