Update on my mother's funeral - and a huge Thank You

(8 Posts)
theresnoonequitelikegrandma Fri 28-Aug-15 22:29:44

I posted here because I felt sad that so few people would be attending my mother's funeral, which was yesterday. I received so many lovely messages from you, reassuring me that after 90 years on the planet, it was understandable that there wouldn't be crowds lining the streets but that you also understood my sadness. I need to say a huge Thank You for making me feel understood and supported (albeit virtually) at a very difficult time.

I also want to update you about attendance on the day.....there were far more people than we were expecting! I was really touched to realise just how many friends she had and that they all wanted to say goodbye.

It was a sad occasion, but a lovely day (if you know what I mean!)

Marshy Fri 28-Aug-15 22:38:41

Didn't see you original thread op but I k ow where you're coming from. I had the same fears for my own dm 2 years ago. In the end lots of family turned up even though none of them are you g and they had to travel quite a way.

I'm glad it went well for you.

WorraLiberty Fri 28-Aug-15 22:41:01

I didn't see the thread but I'm sorry for your loss and I'm so glad it all went well thanks

EllenJanethickerknickers Fri 28-Aug-15 22:41:28

I'm glad it went well. flowers I always find the service really hard but seeing people afterwards is quite comforting.

ImperialBlether Fri 28-Aug-15 22:46:59

I'm so glad there was a good turnout. This is always the problem when someone has such a long life and it's often the reason they're happy their time is up, as they've lost so many of their friends and family.

flowers to you in memory of your lovely mum.

Vernonon Fri 28-Aug-15 22:47:55

How lovely. I'm truly glad for you.

MrsNippyCat Fri 28-Aug-15 22:53:14

I'm so glad things went well and she had a lovely send-off. We found the same at my Gran's, we expected maybe 20 and there was around 60. Some people were complete surprises and it was very touching.

I'm very sorry for your loss flowers

TheCatsMother99 Fri 28-Aug-15 22:55:51

I didn't see your original thread but wanted to pop by here to say that I'm sorry for your loss.

It's nice to hear that it was better than you may have expected too.

flowers take care of youraelf

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now