To want to strangle the universal credits system?

(8 Posts)
KateSpade Fri 28-Aug-15 12:40:02

I had to switch over to universal credits which started on the beginning of this month,

I'm just going round and round in circles, one advisor tells me one thing and then i get a letter stating the complete opposite.

Now, I've just found out they won't accept my nursery evidence - haven't stated why - it was the original contract i got and a standing order form. The childcare team have disallowed this, however the advisor on the phone won't let me speak to the childcare team.

I've recently sent off another nursery confirmation form - along with a receipt for the payment and a covering letter stating why id sent it and who advised me. Now neither of these include my name, but do confirm it is for my DD. Now, obviously they won't accept these either. However when asked what they will accept, its exactly what is one the letter provided.

My nursery manager is not very happy at all the letters she's having to write and i can't afford to work without the Nursery fee's part of UC just like W/CTC used to do.

I've no-one at all to talk to IRL - Im really struggling to see any positives in anything atm.

AIBU?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 28-Aug-15 12:44:21

YANBU. Universal credit is a crock of shit that is unfit for purpose, and is making everyone's lives worse - if you have the misfortune to be on it then your experience is the norm common, and it is costing everyone millions and millions.

IDS is a fool, and because this is his pet project he is unable.to admit what an utter utter waste of money it is, and how it is making peoples situations even worse (to be fair, he won't give a shit about the latter)

KateSpade Fri 28-Aug-15 12:46:02

Its meant to bloody 'make the transition into work smoother'! Ha! I'm so bloody stressed out with this, i don't know how I'm going to actually last at work!

KateSpade Fri 28-Aug-15 13:18:10

Bump? Anyone with any experience of this?

Goshthatsspicy Fri 28-Aug-15 13:53:36

Would the Cab be any use in this case?
I'm so sorry for you. Housing Ben have only *just sorted out our claim, we originally applied in MARCH!
l know that the new 'system' will be even worse.
Good luck. smile

KateSpade Fri 28-Aug-15 14:03:26

oh my days - Gosh March? that is seriously unacceptable!

Tax Credits used to be so much simpler. I'm really wishing i could switch back!

If it doesn't get sorted soon or i don't get a call back from the childcare team, I'm going to ring CAB and see what they say.

PausingFlatly Fri 28-Aug-15 14:06:16

Write a calm (yes, I know!) factual letter listing all the communications, what you've been told, what you've sent in, with dates.

End it with "As you have been unable to resolve this, I am now taking this matter to my MP." Send it Signed For.

Maybe this will motivate them to resolve it, maybe not.

And then DO take it to the MP (look up when they hold surgeries). Your list will be useful when you talk to them, too.

NB Someone once explained to me that the more pro-Shit-System your MP, the keener they generally are to resolve individual's problems, because they're desperate to prove Shit System works really.

Particularly play up the bureaucratic burden on the private business that is your nursery.

Goshthatsspicy Fri 28-Aug-15 14:06:21

Yes, maybe they will have a bit more info.
Especially during this transitional time.
Update, if you have any joy. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now