to ask, if you live in a 35 million pound flat in London, who does the cleaning?

(12 Posts)
ssd Thu 27-Aug-15 16:39:59

now, before you all jump down my throat, I know the answer is the cleaner!

but I've just been having a nosey on rightmove and my god, some of these flats are stunning, with bloody loads to clean!

so do these rich buggers folk have a team of cleaners who spend the day there, there must be a whole army of help employed at these mega money houses!

StillStayingClassySanDiego Thu 27-Aug-15 16:42:04

I'm guessing they have live in Staff.

DinosaursRoar Thu 27-Aug-15 16:44:15

One full time member of staff to clean should do it for most places, chances are the owner won't be in the flat much to mess it up again, spending long days in the office in order to pay for it...

bloodyteenagers Thu 27-Aug-15 16:50:57

A lot of the multi million pound properties are unoccupied. Just need a dusting every week or so.
It's a waste and the developers keep knocking them up.

Shockers Thu 27-Aug-15 16:54:10

In mine, I have a quick daily wipe round using microfibre cloths, lemon juice and bicarb. Takes me no time at all wink.

ssd Thu 27-Aug-15 16:55:08

but they never show live in staff quarters, where do they hide them I wonder? its all chrome and tasteful furnishings online, bet the staffs rooms are done in homebase!

Chickychickyparmparm Thu 27-Aug-15 16:56:20

For that price I'd expect an apartment to be self cleaning.

NickMyLipple Thu 27-Aug-15 16:57:20

Some will have a live in housekeeper, although most of the new developments have concierge and maids for the whole block who do the cleaning of the individual apartments Monday - Friday. Most of the apartments are only occupied a few weeks of the year, as the majority of the homeowners live elsewhere. Even fewer of them will be British.

dodobookends Thu 27-Aug-15 17:39:30

I saw a programme on tv the other night, and the presenter was talking about these type of properties. He said that very few of them are actually lived in, they are seen merely as investments.

RachelZoe Thu 27-Aug-15 18:05:31

Most people in these circumstances have a live out house manager/keeper who will co-ordinate household staff as needed/handle all household/estate related business. Most people in London in that position have live out staff, live in is more needed in the countryside. Sometimes this manager will be coordinating other properties as well.

MrsBertMacklin Thu 27-Aug-15 18:26:10

One of my old jobs was working as a property manager for a family who owned a portfolio of properties in Europe.

My job was to control their housekeeping budget and services, everything from organising interior refurbishments and insurance valuations, to engaging other staff and ensuring that they(cleaners, cooks, nannies, health and beauty therapist, drivers, gardeners, tutors, accountants, interpreters) were completing their job lists for the month.

The properties were used on a rotational basis either by themselves, or by friends and extended family. E.g. nephew going to school in one country might want to spend his school break in Italy with friends, so I'd be told to prepare the Italy house for occupation. All the properties received weekly cleaning and other services when not used, with all services swinging into full use a week before occupation.

Most of the investor customers I have in my current job use their London homes in the same way. Great customers to have, i.e. hardly ever in residence.

LazyLohan Thu 27-Aug-15 18:34:33

They're all white as well. Wall to wall, all the fabrics, wallpaper, carpets, the lot. It's just a conspicuous display of 'We don't have to clean this'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now