To think Cheryl Fernandez-Versini is way to thin.

(365 Posts)
SummerWine Tue 18-Aug-15 20:14:03

www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3202619/Cheryl-Fernandez-Versini-displays-slim-physique-black-jumpsuit-perfume-launch.html

Her arms just look way too thin, the article is not the greatest photos but a quick google makes her look even thinner.

www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/cheryl-fernandez-versini-defies-weight-critics-6027419

SWFARMER Tue 18-Aug-15 20:16:24

She is way too thin. She has always looked beautiful but I think it's a step too far this time.

I hope she's okay and gets the help she needs if it is an underlying problem

SummerWine Tue 18-Aug-15 20:17:03

Agree she is so pretty but way too thin.

Goshthatsspicy Tue 18-Aug-15 20:20:05

I think she looks fine in the first link. Not too thin, as she still has breasts.
The second link is unflattering.

Eastpoint Tue 18-Aug-15 20:21:27

She said at the time (Mirror article from 8th July) that she had just lost her father in law & she felt there was no need for people to criticise women in the public eye's weight as they don't know what is going on in their lives.

wankerchief Tue 18-Aug-15 20:26:46

And if she gains weight you will says she's too fat and a bad role model.

GloGirl Tue 18-Aug-15 20:27:12

I really really really hate someone saying that a celebrity is 'too thin'.

Too thin for what? Reverse it to 'too fat' and you wouldn't post a thread.

SummerWine Tue 18-Aug-15 20:27:44

But she still looks to slim today and before. Why should a loss of a father in law effect weight dramatically.

jeronimoh Tue 18-Aug-15 20:30:54

I think that she looks toned. The clothes that she's wearing emphasize her slim frame.

OrangeVase Tue 18-Aug-15 20:30:59

Leave her alone. There are plenty of other people to worry about. Her weight is her own concern.

EmmaGellerGreen Tue 18-Aug-15 20:32:30

Just imagine the fury that would be unleashed if you posted your opinion that someone was too fat. Why is it acceptable to "thin shame"?

jeronimoh Tue 18-Aug-15 20:32:54

'Why should a loss of a father in law effect weight dramatically.'

That's an awful thing to say. She is supporting her husband through a very difficult time.

Fitzers Tue 18-Aug-15 20:35:17

I can't believe you are actually calling into question the explanation she was probably forced to give to address all the nasty comments dressed up as faux concern (like this thread). Seriously, do you really think she owes you a better explanation?

Pepperpot99 Tue 18-Aug-15 20:35:40

I think she looks ill.

ThisIsClemFandango Tue 18-Aug-15 20:35:58

Why should a loss of a father in law effect weight dramatically.

Stress and bereavement can make some people lose weight.
I tend to lose weight when I'm stressed.
After I had a miscarriage I dropped to under 7 stone. Not intentionally, I often just didn't feel like eating and when I'm stressed sometimes food makes me feel sick. Some people eat more when they're going through hard times and some people are the opposite.

seaoflove Tue 18-Aug-15 20:37:53

These threads always go the same way.

You can never comment that a celebrity is too thin. Some people are just "naturally" very skinny. It's only because society is so accustomed to seeing fat people as the norm yadda yadda.

I think she looks unhealthily thin, personally.

jasmine1979 Tue 18-Aug-15 20:40:02

I have to say that I actually wondered if the dramatic weight loss was actually a cover for surgery that she's possibly had done to her face. Facially she looks so very different now to a few years ago.
I have no idea if she is too thin or not, however she doesn't look happy or healthy. sad

NinaSimoneful Tue 18-Aug-15 20:42:19

I think that she looks toned.

I think that she looks boned.

Bellebella Tue 18-Aug-15 20:43:30

I feel a bit sorry for her and I am not a fan of her music at all or indeed her as a celebrity. It's not that she looks thin per say, but unhealthy and gaunt. I think there is a lot of pressure on her on X Factor and it shows on her body.

AlphabetStew Tue 18-Aug-15 20:47:51

Cheryl Nandos Panini has always been very slight.

FoulsomeAndMaggotwise Tue 18-Aug-15 20:48:39

I'll never understand why people do this to women. Stop body shaming.

Awholelottanosy Tue 18-Aug-15 20:51:45

I saw her on a program at the weekend and almost didn't recognize her at first! Her face looked gaunt and it made her nose look massive! I was concerned for her as she's tiny anyway. I hope she's ok.

SummerWine Tue 18-Aug-15 20:52:45

So even mentioning a celebs weight is body shaming.

SummerWine Tue 18-Aug-15 20:59:20

So we are never allowed to talk about celebs looks / weight.

silverglitterpisser Tue 18-Aug-15 21:00:35

She looks seriously underweight n this is not good, I would worry for her health I she was my daughter. This is also exactly what I would say if she looked seriously overweight. Both very concerning, especially if in a short space of time. We comment as she is in the public eye n it is shocking to c such a beautiful, vibrant woman appear ill. That is it.

Yanbu, OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now