To Be Sad My Neighbours Are Back From Their Holidays!

(24 Posts)
LavenderRain Tue 18-Aug-15 12:36:10

Oh it's been soooo quiet for 2 weeks! Now they are back with a vengeance sad
Today, I am sat in my lounge at the front of the house and the 2 DC from next door are in the garden at the back of their house,
I can hearing every fucking word they are saying, or should I say shouting!!
They are 8 and 11 and OMG they shout all the time. The 8 year old has a voice like his balls are being stamped on,
They argue all the time, but it's the shouting and screeching I can't stand,
I've got 3 DC and of course they played in the garden when younger, but any screeching like that and I would of told them to be quiet,
These parents seem oblivious angry

Ok, rant over, time to put some music on to cover up the din grin

GarminGirl Tue 18-Aug-15 12:40:36

Why don't you say something? Maybe the parents don't realise how it sounds

GothicRainbow Tue 18-Aug-15 12:44:18

I felt that same with the neighbours on both sides of us.

The right hand side neighbours went away for 2 weeks with their 3 dogs - was bliss!! No constant barking, no banging as the dogs tear about their house up and down their stairs and no yelling from them at the dogs!

The left hand side neighbours only went away for a week but was also heaven, no evening DIY - some nights the banging would go on until midnight!
No loud screaming arguments late and night and no standing in their garden smoking which meant I could put my washing on the line without it ending up stinking of stale cigarette smoke!!

ilovesooty Tue 18-Aug-15 12:45:04

I agree. Why can't you ask them to e quieter or advise the parents that they're creating a disturbance?

Prelude Tue 18-Aug-15 12:48:17

YANBU. The loudest children in the world moved into our street this year. Screeching and screaming are not nice to listen to. It's a noise that produces a biological response and raises stress levels. As a parent, it's something you respond to because it sounds like someone is about to get hurt, but it never seems to cause the same reaction in the people who are supposed to be responsible!

The girl was standing outside our house on the street shrieking and bellowing at 10pm the other night. Nothing the HA can do if unless noise is after eleven apparently. My children don't have a right to be able to get to sleep at night.

I am secretly hoping that my other neighbour makes good on his threat to set fire to their trampoline.

LavenderRain Tue 18-Aug-15 12:48:22

If I can hear them in my lounge I am pretty sure the parents can hear them! Their house is all open plan too,
The mum was hanging washing out earlier and she didn't stop them from shouting then. The DC appear to hate one another hmm

Nearly back to school time, woohoo!!

ilovesooty Tue 18-Aug-15 12:49:36

So why put up with it and not mention it?

Prelude Tue 18-Aug-15 12:50:22

And yes, we have spoken to the parents. Blank looks and, 'why should I care?'

AuntyMag10 Tue 18-Aug-15 12:52:25

You have my sympathy. Screeching children are so irritating to hear. The parents sound so rude though, no wonder.

Collaborate Tue 18-Aug-15 12:53:11

It's not just kids. The childless couple nextdoor have been doing lots of work in their garden this summer (you wouldn't think it - still full of weeds and a building site) but for some reason he can't work without some huge bassy speaker blasting out the radio to umpteen gardens on the hottest days. WIBU to aim a jet of water at it when they're not looking in the hope it'll explode?

GarminGirl Tue 18-Aug-15 12:53:24

Parents can be immune to their own DC noise tho. Or mention it to the kids themselves ' goodness you are very screechy today'

GothicRainbow Tue 18-Aug-15 12:53:42

Yeh I'm sorry but I would have to mention it. Next time the parent is out in the garden maybe mention that their play is quite loud and you can hear the screaming in your house.

My DS is 2 and I discourage him screaming/shouting in our garden, especially weekend mornings.

I spoke to my dog owning neighbours about their dogs barking from 11.30pm until 1am the other weekend - things have improved now so it can help to have a chat about it.

ilovesooty Tue 18-Aug-15 12:54:43

Prelude that sounds awful. I think I'd be complaining regularly to the HA about their antisocial behaviour so that you can take civil action in due course if it doesn't stop.

Some parents are unaware - others just have no consideration it seems.

LavenderRain Tue 18-Aug-15 13:01:27

I will mention it to mum if I see her. Can't actually see them in the garden as the fence is 6ft plus trees thank god
She knows I do shift work, including nights but this fails to engage with her. I'm working a night shift next week so I think I will go round and tell her the day before. I will say that I will be sleeping on Thursday and my bedroom is at the back of the house so could they keep the noise down please,
I can only try.......

MrsGentlyBenevolent Tue 18-Aug-15 13:03:57

We've had the triple threat here recently. Screaming children, playing ball on our street (they like to aim for windows, doors and cars), next door doing loud building works (with blaring music, sometimes starting before 8am) and some arsehole a street or so away leaving his poor dog out to bark day and night. I'm very pregnant, need the window open most of the time to keep cool, and have had a constant headache for about two months now. Hate city living at times.

Say something, at least one of us can save our sanity!!

Prelude Tue 18-Aug-15 13:05:49

I don't know about civil action, ilovesooty. I'm keeping a diary but not sure what else to do. The parents are just as loud. They shout at the DC from inside the house so the entire row can hear them. The children shout back from the end of the garden. Nobody just goes and speaks to anyone.

My children had a trampoline too, but were not allowed to be noisy. These ones are allowed on it with their bikes and their dog hmm

Prelude Tue 18-Aug-15 13:07:16

Lavender, I hope you get some rest thanks

Viviennemary Tue 18-Aug-15 13:17:08

I sympathise. There is no excuse for all that constant screeching and screaming. But some parents think that's fine. But I don't think the LA would do anything about children being noisy. I'd be tempted to make an even bigger noise and see how they like that.

Benllech Tue 18-Aug-15 13:33:56

Buy one of those sonic cat deterrent things from B&Q. They transmit high frequency sound waves that small animals and children find uncomfortable but harmless. Stick it on every time the noise gets too much & they should run indoors to drive their parents mad instead.

whois Tue 18-Aug-15 13:36:47

I went camping at the weekend and people were letting their kids SCREECH and SCREAM at the tops of their voices pre 8am. Fucking cunts.

Screaching has no place in the garden or campsite. Horrible noise and lazy parenting.

whois Tue 18-Aug-15 13:37:22

The parents were cunts for letting their children screech. Not the kids. Obvs.

LavenderRain Tue 18-Aug-15 13:41:00

Thanks prelude I hope yours gets sorted! I need to win the lottery and move to isolation in the countryside don't even do the lottery

These DC have a trampoline but I can only see the top of it, I'm sure the dog gets put on there tho. Poor thing is a very old staffy who is half blind and deaf, thankfully he never barks just sort of whines.

whois Tue 18-Aug-15 13:41:37

Also the parents "OLIVIA COME AND GET YOUR BACOND SANDWICH DARLING, OLIIIIVVVVIIIIAAA BACON SANDWICH, DONT YOU WANT IT LOVELY?

IM PLAYING MUMMY

OLIVIA, DARLING, YOU HAVE TO EAT SOMETHING

NO IM PLAAAAAAYING WITH THEO MUMMY

OLIVIA, ITS GETTING COLD

Argh fuck off you fucking twat and go and speak to your child rather than shouting

mrsmalfoy Tue 18-Aug-15 13:56:06

My two are an absolute pita for going off outside where ds(8) will do something dd(4) doesn't like and so dd screams like an absolute banshee. I tend to just go out and bring her inside. I don't want to listen to her silly screeching so I highly doubt the rest of the street want to hear it. Hope you get some sleep lavender

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now