For those of you with endometriosis

(10 Posts)
FlowersAndShit Fri 07-Aug-15 19:10:25

Posting this here for traffic

For those diagnosed with endometriosis, how long did it take for you to conceive, how old were you when you conceived, what (if) any treatment did you need, what stage was your endometriosis, how many children have you had?

honeysucklejasmine Fri 07-Aug-15 19:20:11

Not sure on stage, but know scarring and deposits were extensive. It took me 10 months (but 14 cycles) and I was 29 when I conceived.

I did not have any treatment in order to concieve but had a lap and laser treatment a few months before we started, conceiving 1 year 1 month after the surgery.

OrangeSquashTallGlass Fri 07-Aug-15 19:26:49

I run an Endo Support Group and have listened to literally hundreds (if not more) of women's endo experiences. The one thing I can tell you with all certainty is to please please not compare yourself to anyone else with endo. Everyone's experiences of it are so different. Just because X did/didn't concieved after Y months with Stage 1/2/3/4 doesn't have any baring on what your experience will be.

Hope you're ok.

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g Fri 07-Aug-15 19:30:28

No idea about stage. 18 months from first abandoning all forms of contraception to conceiving the first time. I did have a D&C during that time and that was when I was told I had endometriosis. I thought having my second child would take an age, but in fact I was pregnant the first month it was possible (ie when my periods returned). Never really had any treatment, just painkillers as required. Two children.

Now perimenopausal and it is lovely. It's four months now since my last period and I love it.

Good luck!

CrapBag Fri 07-Aug-15 19:33:59

No idea about stage or anything. We were having issues conceiving and a blood test showed a slight hormone imbalance and the suspected PCOS so I had a hysterectomy and laparoscopy. On waking they told me I didn't have PCOS but they found a slight case of endometriosis and handed me a leaflet (this was literally on coming around from a general anaesthetic).

I had the laser surgery about 9 ish months later and got pregnant about 4/5 months after that. I was 26 and had been trying for 3 years, told we needed IVF as DH also had issues (turned out we didn't need IVF). Second time trying, doctor said to try earlier than planned because it was likely to take a long time again and I got pregnant the first time. I was 28 and almost 3 years to the day that I got pregnant with DS.

I've no idea if the endo came back. I sometimes get pain in my rectum and when I was reading up on endo, I remember something about you can have it where they can't actually see it and it can react and you can get pain. It's not worth bothering about so I just ignore it. Periods and pain settled down after DC1 was born after them being very painful, every month for years and years.

FlowersAndShit Fri 07-Aug-15 22:15:08

Thanks for the replies. Orangesquash can I PM you?

OrangeSquashTallGlass Fri 07-Aug-15 22:38:05

Of course you can flowers.

grumpysquash Fri 07-Aug-15 22:50:00

Erm.....Crapbag.....I don't think it's possible to have a hysterectomy and then get pregnant afterwards confused
But glad the DC happened smile

grumpysquash Fri 07-Aug-15 22:50:56

...unless you have more than one womb!

CrapBag Fri 07-Aug-15 23:04:29

Bloody autocorrect! It was a hysteroscopy! Where they inject dye into your womb to see if it comes out of your fallopian tubes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now