This bloody bra

(7 Posts)
dodobookends Thu 06-Aug-15 09:28:26

AIBU to have the rage about this? I've only got one white bra and I washed it in the machine yesterday - one of the flaming underwires escaped and tried to murder the washing machine. Heard the commotion (luckily) and drained the machine and got the sodding thing worked free from a hole in the drum.

Now what comes out must go back, right? Well I must have a self-sealing bra because I can't find anywhere to feed the grinning little sod back in. No hole - nothing, it's sewn as tight as can be, so how the bloody hell did it get out in the first place?

I can't be doing with taking the other underwire out (I need all the help I can get) and if I make a hole to push the thing back in, then it's only going to try and break out of its prison again, even if I sew it up tightly.

Bendy bastard.

SylvanianCaliphate Thu 06-Aug-15 09:30:23

Just beside the fold at the end of the wire cavity will be a teeny tiny hole.

I may have got a magnifying glass after a bendy bastard had my pants down

dodobookends Thu 06-Aug-15 09:35:07

No hole - it's like Alcatraz. - tried the magnifying glass.

AAARRGHHHH I will not let this thing get the better of me.

Feline09 Thu 06-Aug-15 09:37:23

Don't wash bras in washing machines, the elastic and underwired break! No idea how it got out without a hole though

RainbowCake Thu 06-Aug-15 09:41:09

This has just happened to me with a bikini top. Bloody houdini wires!

dodobookends Thu 06-Aug-15 09:42:30

Washed no end of bras in the machine before, but never come across a Houdini like this one.

Flaming underwire is sitting on the table smirking at me now.

I will not let an inanimate object get the better of me.

Fluffyears Thu 06-Aug-15 09:57:31

Wash bra's inside a pillow case so the wires don't get into machine workings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now