AIBU to binge-watch all seven hours...

(7 Posts)
magicmeatpie Fri 31-Jul-15 12:16:43

...of Strange&Norrell again, just to admire the brooding, eye-rolling, breeches-clad, sarcastic Yorkshire-ness of Childermass?

And AIBU to post this because I keep looking for threads on this very topic, and there aren't any! blush

(NC to spare blushiness)

GraysAnalogy Fri 31-Jul-15 18:43:01

There is never a bad time to binge watch something. I haven't watched this, it's worth a watch then I take it ha? I need something new

TheSoulCakeDuck Fri 31-Jul-15 21:07:53

"why have you shot me with a walnut?" phrase of the series for me. I'm from Yorkshire so like a change from brooding Yorkshireness but I do like Childermass non the less.

Hope there might be a scope for a second series after seeing only 20 seconds of the raven king but I suspect not as it is a book adaptation.

BorderWrangler Fri 31-Jul-15 21:14:55

I'm currently slogging my way through the book, having caught a bit of an episode at a friends house. It's slow going to be honest but very enjoyable when I'm in the right mood.

I really don't have much of a point or anything to add. I do like Childermass though smile

SweetCharityBeginsAtHome Fri 31-Jul-15 21:18:51

Mmmmm, Childermass. There was a longish Telly Addicts thread here

magicmeatpie Sat 01-Aug-15 12:04:59

Wildly hungover but nonetheless reassured that IANBU...

Grays Yes, you should definitely give it a whirl! The set design is fantastic, quite apart from the other visual delights. Just why did breeches fall out of fashion??

Duck My DH is a Yorkshireman, but more in the pensive Norrell mode. A fusser rather than a brooder...

Wrangler I bought the book when it came out in paperback, but couldn't finish it. Surprised I still have it, tbh, and that it hasn't ended up at the charity shop in one of my periodic book purges. I think I will give it another go.

Charity Wah, I didn't see that thread when I searched! Meh.

WhatALoadOfOldBollocks Sat 01-Aug-15 14:33:39

YANBU. Binging on a TV series can be one of life's little pleasures smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now