To NOT soecifically wash my bellybutton when i'm washing.

(69 Posts)
LegoComplex Sun 26-Jul-15 21:15:34

I'm a clean person, wash once or twice a day.. but earlier my DPexclaimed in disgust that my bellybutton was dirty. Now my bellybutton is a bit..sunk in somewhat since my 2nd DS was born a few months ago so i havn't looked inside it, but when i did it was pretty scummy.

DP says it's common sense to rub a finger in your bellybutton in the shower but i've literally NEVER heard of or been told about this.

so basically am i a scummy bastard lacking life knowledge or am i justified in having an unpleasant bellybutton?

gaggiagirl Sun 26-Jul-15 21:18:56

VOM!!!!!! Belly buttons freak me out.
Back to the question.....yes I swish mine out with soapy water in the shower.

MsVestibule Sun 26-Jul-15 21:20:14

I have an 'inny', and when I remember, I wash it. Most of the time I forget and occasionally I've noticed it smells shock.

So now you know about it, are you going to wash it?

MaidOfStars Sun 26-Jul-15 21:42:36

I always wash my belly button. It only takes a couple of wiggles of a soapy finger.

(For reference, inny, approx. 1cm deep).

Never, and it's not dirty or smelly. It is an inny but very small.

MaidOfStars Sun 26-Jul-15 21:45:51

Also, I wash between my toes and behind my ears. You know, places with skin that collect dirt... wink

Iwasbornin1993 Sun 26-Jul-15 21:45:56

shockshock

Sorry, OP YABVU!

RepeatAdNauseum Sun 26-Jul-15 21:46:32

Putting my finger in my belly button makes me feel instantly really nauseous. I do wash it with the shower though.

MaidOfStars Sun 26-Jul-15 21:47:02

I reckon if you've got a flat(tish) belly button, you might not need to specifically wash it.

Summerwood1 Sun 26-Jul-15 21:47:09

Why we we even need a belly button apart from when you're in the womb?!!!

MaidOfStars Sun 26-Jul-15 21:48:20

Putting my finger in my belly button makes me feel instantly really nauseous

My husband also feels sick when I he does this.

For me, I get a shooting pleasure/pain thing in my vagina. I have no idea why.

dementedma Sun 26-Jul-15 21:49:02

It would never occur to me to wash my belly button out! I just wash my abdomen generally and it gets included in that.

iwouldgoouttonight Sun 26-Jul-15 21:49:27

Mine is an inny and I've never specifically washed mine. I don't think it smells. Nobody has ever mentioned it if it does!

Zippidydoodah Sun 26-Jul-15 21:52:53

Maid- me too!! blush

I don't clean mine every time I shower, just when I remember! It seems ok to me.

RosePetels Sun 26-Jul-15 21:54:27

I only really scrub at mine when I have a bath which is once or twice a week. In the shower I usually just go over it.

southeastastra Sun 26-Jul-15 21:55:47

don't do mine either, though no-one inspects it grin

PurpleSwift Sun 26-Jul-15 22:01:45

Yeah I get the vagina thing too....it's not all that pleasant. I did google it once and there is a reason that I can't recall...

Op I rarely do. I need to tbh

NobodyLivesHere Sun 26-Jul-15 22:03:38

Just thinking of putting my finger in it makes me gag.

LegoComplex Sun 26-Jul-15 22:04:56

oh god, don't wash between my toes or behind ears.. feel really scummy now! My bellybutton is easily a good 1cm deep since i had kids.. i don't even think about it i use one of those scrubby things and just scrub around my body! makes me feel yucky too when i stick a finger in there.. guess i'll have to get used to it grin

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sun 26-Jul-15 22:05:42

I scrub every nook and cranny of my body. Even more so when sexy time is on the agenda.

LegoComplex Sun 26-Jul-15 22:07:21

Even more so when sexy time is on the agenda.

grin really funny mental image right now!

OlivesTree Sun 26-Jul-15 22:08:06

Just reading this thread makes me squirm in my seat. Eeeeugh!!! I could never rub my finger in my belly button!
Also get the vagina thing. It is like it is connected to it somehow. I would really like to know why, but couldn't face googling that. Yuk.

OlivesTree Sun 26-Jul-15 22:08:39

And mine certainly doesn't smell.

Applesauce29 Sun 26-Jul-15 22:10:50

I have a inny and have never specifically washed it. Used to be quite flat but now more of a crater since DS.

redexpat Sun 26-Jul-15 22:11:36

When mine was an innie i would give it a good wash every now snd then. Putting my finger in it gave me an unpleasant sensation - not quite nausea but along those lines. Since i had ds it hasnt gone back in so not such a problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now