To be disappointed in Easyjets flight times?

(55 Posts)
mayaknew Sun 26-Jul-15 19:27:21

I know I am I just need a rant I know Easyjet can arrange their flight times whenever they want I'm just rather annoyed .

Anyway a couple years ago dh dd and I went to Disneyland Paris for 3 nights . Our flight going was 8am and coming home was 10pm so got 4 full days which was great .

I'm looking into going back next year now that we have another DC and one on the way . I've been looking into prices as we would need a lot of budgeting and saving up for the next year .

However , Easyjet have changes their flight times and they are really awful now . The are basically opposite what they were so flying out late at night then flying home early morning .

This means paying for 3 nights will only get us 2 days . That's about £2k just for 2 days !! That's so expensive and nowhere near worth the money . We could maybe afford 4 nights but really unfair when your effectively losing 2 full days of your holiday . I actually feel like complaining but I know I'll get laughed at and its not like it will achieve anything although it might make me feel better

I'm so disappointed I really want to take the dcs on holiday next year but hate beach holidays and city breaks not exactly ideal for wee ones sad

Spartans Sun 26-Jul-15 19:28:51

Easy jet do not only fly people to Paris for disney land do they?

Runningupthathill82 Sun 26-Jul-15 19:29:46

Er...fly with a different airline then?

gobbynorthernbird Sun 26-Jul-15 19:29:47

Have you looked at other airlines?

Methe Sun 26-Jul-15 19:29:57

There are other airlines.

LIZS Sun 26-Jul-15 19:30:19

Fly with someone else? They aren't always cheaper.

mayaknew Sun 26-Jul-15 19:30:36

No but it doesn't really matter where you are going when you get there anyone flying to Paris for holiday would still be losing the two days .

Lunastarfish Sun 26-Jul-15 19:31:09

Other airlines, Eurostar, ferry.....

mayaknew Sun 26-Jul-15 19:31:49

I've checked I can't find any other airline apart from BA but that included a stopover and wasn't much better time wise iirc

EagleRay Sun 26-Jul-15 19:31:50

The Skyscanner app will give you prices for all airlines. We've had some ridiculously cheap fares and rely on it when booking.

And budget airlines often not the cheapest as other posters have pointed out

WayneRooneysHair Sun 26-Jul-15 19:32:09

How the hell is that costing £2k? We did four nights for £850 in the lodge hotel and that included travel.

Methe Sun 26-Jul-15 19:32:41

Go on the train then.

FuzzyWizard Sun 26-Jul-15 19:33:36

Are you flying from London? If you're a French tourist coming to London that would be better. It's entirely possible that more French than British tourists/business people use that route.

CatsandCrumble Sun 26-Jul-15 19:33:43

Where are you going from? Can you fly from another airport?

Spartans Sun 26-Jul-15 19:34:45

But not everyone will be flying for the holidays or for the same amount of time. Lots of people fly for the day for work or overnight. EJ like all airlines schedule flights based on business reasons. These flights are better for them as a business.

Not based on people flying to disney land for x amount of nights.

mayaknew Sun 26-Jul-15 19:36:00

It would most likely take us a full day to go by train .

Glasgow Int but I'd happily go from Prestwick or Edinburgh or maybe even Manchester if it was worth it.

Allbymyselfagain Sun 26-Jul-15 19:36:36

Why not drive? Where are you based? Or the Eurostar straight there. Easy jet will go with the most profitable flight times they can get so everyone else using them must like the new times. I personally prefer them for work.

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Sun 26-Jul-15 19:37:02

We paid 4k 2 weeks in florida for 5 of us. Look elsewhere.

Allbymyselfagain Sun 26-Jul-15 19:37:36

X post. Ok so driving not suitable. Internal flight to London City then Eurostar?

SpottyTeacakes Sun 26-Jul-15 19:39:28

Where are you flying from? We went recently and left early in the morning and came home late at night. Gatwick wasn't quite as good so we went from Luton.

SpottyTeacakes Sun 26-Jul-15 19:40:04

Oops x post blush

caroldecker Sun 26-Jul-15 19:41:28

Airfrance and flybe fly direct from Manchester

MisForMumNotMaid Sun 26-Jul-15 19:42:31

Why not do as others have suggested and fly down to London enjoy the child friendly sights even do Legoland Windsor then get the disney Eurostar onto Eurodisney.

FishWithABicycle Sun 26-Jul-15 19:43:04

I expect the airports price the different take off and landing slots according to popularity and easyjet choose the time slot which will enable them to maximise their profitability.

CatsandCrumble Sun 26-Jul-15 19:44:36

There are daytime flights showing for August - maybe you just need to alter the dates you want to go a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now