AIBU To think whoever's bright idea it was to put touchscreen TVs on...

(8 Posts)
Itcouldbeyoubutitsnot Sun 26-Jul-15 16:31:55

the back of an airplane seat needs shooting?

8hr flight with someone thumping their screen to get the movie to play, pause, increase volume, decrease volume results in a 8hr flight with someone thumping me in the back.

How is this a good idea on any level?!

UrethraFranklin1 Sun 26-Jul-15 16:38:05

It's not the screens that are the problem, they are awesome, its the twats who cant just touch a touchscreen that are the issue.

Itcouldbeyoubutitsnot Sun 26-Jul-15 16:41:16

No still think screen at fault, my dh's screen would only work if pressed firmly/thumped for certain buttons as I was reading my book I felt sorry for person in front of him so gave him my seat and screen which meant he could press lightly and watch without disturbing. I was thumped on journey out and journey back.

cardibach Sun 26-Jul-15 16:43:04

Why are they thumping? I've been on lots of long haul flights with these sort of screens and have never been aware of the person behind using them confused
They are a good idea on the level that everyone is entertained for the flight...Where else do you suggest they are situated?

Itcouldbeyoubutitsnot Sun 26-Jul-15 16:48:32

Because the screens were slow in responding so thumping due to impatience and screens were wearing out so some areas of screen no longer worked.

I suggest the old fashioned way of button in arm rest or remote control attached to armrest as on other aircraft. No need for the seat in front to be touched.

IfAtFirstUDontSucceed Sun 26-Jul-15 16:53:05

I was on a flight to Sri Lanka a few years and spent the whole journey having the kid behind me thumping the back of my seat using the TV

dougieroseagain Sun 26-Jul-15 16:59:11

Totally agree with you. But I was the perp (on a different flight) and could hear the moaning from the passenger in front who had put his seat right back so that I could count the dandruff flakes in his hair (what was left of it).

magzjobes45 Sun 26-Jul-15 16:59:15

Yanbu.

Most people don't understand that they are not capacitive screens. Wish they were as the touch screen on resistive wares out and people have to hit it harder.

Just control it on the remotes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now