to wish people would get it right on Etsy

(4 Posts)
FellOffMyUnicorn Sat 18-Jul-15 21:13:21

i'm looking at some rings and i want 'etched' -

www.etsy.com/uk/listing/236996517/sera-etched-ring?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=etched%20ring&ref=sr_gallery_2
this is not etched (as far as i can tell)

www.etsy.com/uk/listing/230512902/sterling-silver-etched-ring?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=etched%20ring&ref=sr_gallery_1
this is not etched it looks stamped

this is etched
www.etsy.com/uk/listing/231743068/brass-etched-ring-etched-ring-band?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=etched%20ring&ref=sr_gallery_13

whothehellknows Sat 18-Jul-15 22:22:16

Well, the first two are resellers, as opposed to actual craftspeople. The tibetan one looks as though it was bought on alibaba or similar and the second is "vintage". So the people selling won't have any idea of the actual processes used to make the rings, they're just kind of making it up.

I do find reselling to be an ongoing problem on Etsy, and it detracts from all the incredible work that is out there.

TheHouseOnBellSt Sat 18-Jul-15 22:24:19

I hate it when people on Etsy or Ebay put "original vintage 1950s" and it's clearly from the 60s or 70s. I'm like "WHAT!! WHAT!!???"

FellOffMyUnicorn Sat 18-Jul-15 22:25:14

yeah - grrrrr...... so annoying

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now