to be really frustrated that....

(10 Posts)
lanbro Sat 18-Jul-15 10:48:07

....Every time I send an email to a particular customer from myself, with my christian name, every reply comes back to my husband's christian name? Arghhhhhhh!

lanbro Sat 18-Jul-15 10:50:53

It's our own business and this customer knows that dh hasn't been involved for 5 months as he's been setting up another business. So frustrating that I'm doing all the work with no acknowledgment

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sat 18-Jul-15 11:21:20

No you're no being unreasonable at all. It seems bad manners to me not to reply personally to you.
I order from Avon (it is a man and wife who ate representatives and I always put both their names on when sending my order.
To me it is just basic manners. Which sadly a lot of people do not have.

Hygge Sat 18-Jul-15 11:41:08

Could you possibly send a reply with "Hi, actually it's Ianbro not Ianbro's husband" every time he does it?

WorraLiberty Sat 18-Jul-15 11:43:24

You mean this has happened more than once and you haven't corrected them?

lanbro Sat 18-Jul-15 11:49:55

I know Worra but we're hopefully getting a new contract out of it and I'm so pissed off I don't know what to write without sounding really snotty!

Hygge I know I should, I also know he's an idiot and it's not worth getting so pissed off over!

I've got a meeting with him on Monday so I'll just reiterate that dh has nothing to do with this side of things anymore!

PtolemysNeedle Sat 18-Jul-15 11:58:03

It's rude to reply to an email with someone else's name, so YANBU.

But I use a small business run by a husband and wife team, the wife just does the admin, and if I email her directly, I don't get a response for days, and once an important mail I sent her got completely overlooked. If I email the husband, my email is dealt with efficiently and professionally, so I just don't bother addressing anything to the wife any more. I get the impression that it irritates her when I don't email her for minor things and go direct to her husband, but if she was better at her job then it wouldn't happen.

WorraLiberty Sat 18-Jul-15 12:02:19

"Hi John. Just to clarify, this is lanbro and not Mr lanbro".

You vent your anger by making faces as you type. He'll never know grin

lanbro Sat 18-Jul-15 12:36:09

Thanks Worra!

Finola1step Sat 18-Jul-15 12:37:56

Agree with Worra. Short, to the point for clarification purposes. Repeat as necessary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now