aibu to be a bit upset by this?

(2 Posts)
MoaningLisa Tue 14-Jul-15 12:48:10

I started a new job in March. a friend I used to work with got me the job. it was on nights in a care home 3-4 nights a week.
in June my husband was offered a full time contract with a company working nights 40 hours per week on triple the amount I was earning.
I put a letter in to my manager asking to work 2 days per week, this was rejected. my employment came to an end. this was at beginning of July.

I had a text off of a collegue who started working there from another care home I used to work in before this last one asking if what she had heard was true and she hoped it wasn't. she's heard that I'd said that I had to leave my employment because I've told people that she took my hours and the company couldn't afford to keep me on. I was shocked by this ans told her that it wasn't true and said I'm upset that she'd think I'd say that.

I looked today on Facebook and noticed that the woman who got me the job has deleted me and the woman who text me hasn't replied to my text.

am I being unreasonable to be upset by it?
because in a way I am. my stepmum said to forget about it move on and leave them be. let them believe what they want to to believe and they obviously aren't the friends I thought they were if they'd listen to idle bullshit.

ssd Tue 14-Jul-15 12:50:05

that sounds a bit mean of them, dont blame you being upset at all thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now