To think this is childish and ridiculous

(20 Posts)
SamVJ888 Sun 05-Jul-15 19:00:01

Long story I'm afraid!
Daughter has recently been diagnosed with a disability which after 18 months we're still trying to come to terms with. I'm a single mother and admit I'm very protective of her. She's 13 and early this year started to suffer at the hands of bullies, nothing physical but calling names, leaving her out of things etc etc. I tried to ignore it and let her deal on her own until one of the boys in her class started calling her on social media (and me too which is funny as I've never met the kid) it wasn't normal name calling it was really nasty and if I'm honest quite frightening language (talking about rape and such like) I blew up got school involved and the boys parents and it seemed to be sorted. Then it started again but this time with girls in her class that she's known for years, again really nasty katty things with a group of them making fun and laughing at her, not inviting her to places etc etc. It got to the point that she was crying herself to sleep and refused to go to school at one point. I again spoke to school and they sorted it. However the parents of the two main girls involved (mums anyway) blanked me at school on Friday (first time I have seen them since this all happened). They were both sat on a wall I had to pass and when I did they started laughing! We had been friends (not real friends but "school friends") before all this. I think it's pathetic if I'm honest that grown women can behave this way. I know some will think I was being unreasonable to go to school and not them about the situation and perhaps that's true but is this normal behaviour from adults?

ApocalypseThen Sun 05-Jul-15 19:02:37

Of course it isn't normal for adults, but how do you think their kids ended up how they are?

steppedonlego Sun 05-Jul-15 19:03:19

No it isn't normal behaviour, but the best you can do is hold your head high and ignore ignore ignore. You did absolutely the best thing for your daughter, and honestly? It's clear where the two other girls learnt their behaviour from.

tomatodizzymum Sun 05-Jul-15 19:05:17

Of course it isn't normal for adults, but how do you think their kids ended up how they are?

Totally...

pictish Sun 05-Jul-15 19:05:24

Depends what they were laughing at. It may not have been you.

vvega Sun 05-Jul-15 19:07:52

op sorry you are going through this. You have handled this the right way, always best to go to school and not the other parents.
Agree with pp, no wonder their dc are a nightmare if the parents behave like this.
Keep on at school, I hope dd makes some other friends.

PeterGriffinsPenisBeaker Sun 05-Jul-15 19:11:54

Sounds like the mothers should be proud of the wonderful example they are setting their daughters. Crap behaviour. I'd keep a close eye on parents a daughters behaviour. She doesn't have to stay at a school she is miserable at...

ASettlerOfCatan Sun 05-Jul-15 19:12:17

Seems these kids have learnt from their parents. You are a better woman than I if you can keep your mouth shut. Hope you and your dd are ok.

AuntyMag10 Sun 05-Jul-15 19:12:31

Yanbu and sorry about your dd. I hate bullies. Those mums behaved like vile things and no wonder their children take after them.

SamVJ888 Sun 05-Jul-15 19:12:55

Thanks Pictish. I had to walk within about 3ft of them, they looked at me, turned their backs and then started laughing. Agree they may not have been laughing at me but they ignored me and made it impossible for me to speak to them all the same

MagicMojito Sun 05-Jul-15 19:12:56

I'd say you handled it exactly the right way smile

Apples really don't fall that far from the tree.

So sorry you and your DD are going through this flowers

SamVJ888 Sun 05-Jul-15 19:15:51

Thanks ASettler. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I have quite a responsible job so smacking them both in the mouth isn't an option (although believe me it did cross my mind)!! As I said perhaps a bit too overprotective maybe grin

Teabagbeforemilk Sun 05-Jul-15 19:33:40

Totally Handled the right way.

DD was assaulted by a boy that many times we called the police. I purposely do not make eye contact or go anywhere near his mother. We have been near each other at school events recently as they are both going to high school and if i look around a room you can see her staring at me. I think she is dying to say something or get me too. TBH if i spoke to her I would tell her what I think of her and her child. DD would still have to go to school with him and I am not prepared to sink to their level.

Yes its childish, unfortunately these children learn the behavior somewhere.

Icimoi Sun 05-Jul-15 19:45:05

I would be utterly mortified if my dd behaved the way these children have. The fact that these women apparently aren't shows that they aren't worth knowing. You've dealt with this absolutely correctly, and I hope you and your daughter find friends worth having.

Aeroflotgirl Sun 05-Jul-15 19:47:40

I agree, the Apple never falls far from the tree.

ThePinkOcelot Sun 05-Jul-15 19:50:58

I can totally sympathise. Going through the same with my dd. like everyone else had said, hardly surprising they act like that if their mothers do. Btw, u did exactly the right thing and not over protective at all! We are mothers, that's our job. X

pictish Sun 05-Jul-15 19:56:10

Ah yes ok. You're right...childish and ridiculous. Pair of numpties.

WhetherOrNot Sun 05-Jul-15 19:59:00

Find their FB page and send them this (bad language alert)!!............

soundcloud.com/kat-mcsnatch/you-are-a-cunt

Imachocolateportal Sun 05-Jul-15 19:59:26

YANBU! Totally agree with previous posts about where the girls got the behaviour from.

I do hope things improve for your DD.

SamVJ888 Sun 05-Jul-15 20:04:33

Whether - so funny that's cheered me up no end thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now