To want a bra that fits.

(66 Posts)
FoofItHigh Sat 04-Jul-15 19:35:17

Used the bra guru site. 30 under bust, 36 hanging. That makes me 30E right?

Went to 2 shopping malls and countless shops and not a single bra in that size. 4 hours and very pissed off I gave up and came home.

Where do I get one?

ChuffinAda Sat 04-Jul-15 19:37:14

Asda, matalan and debenhams are good for larger sizes I've found.

treaclesoda Sat 04-Jul-15 19:40:09

Online is the answer really. The high street shops just don't seem to cater all that well for a 30 band in general.

If you can afford it, I'd recommend getting a huge order from somewhere that does free returns, and getting several in that size but different brands/designs. And maybe some in a size bigger/smaller, and maybe even some in a 32 band, all for comparison. And then comparing them all.

A few weeks ago I ordered 9 bras and spent hours trying them, and then only kept one of them...

treaclesoda Sat 04-Jul-15 19:41:00

30E isn't a larger size though, not by a long way.

woodhill Sat 04-Jul-15 19:41:29

John Lewis are good, I wear that size or Debenhams

ChuffinAda Sat 04-Jul-15 19:42:49

Cup size is larger. Shops tend to have a 'special section' for DD+ sizes

FoofItHigh Sat 04-Jul-15 19:46:08

The 30 bands only went up to a C or D cup.

The E cups started at 34.

angry

It's the band rather than the cup that's the issue - a lot of shops (even those who do dd+) don't do 28 and 30 bands. Debenhams, John Lewis, bravissimo, House of Fraser should stock them - or as mentioned try online.

Ah...just picked up on "malls" - are you in the US by any chance?

RaaRaaTheLion Sat 04-Jul-15 19:46:55

M&S are pretty good, or were at least yesterday. They had lots of 30 bands in their DD+ section and even some 28 bands which made my day!

treaclesoda Sat 04-Jul-15 19:47:28

Yes, the 'DD+' description in shops really pisses me off, the way it implies that it is some sort of special niche market. And also the sheer meaninglessness of it, sonce a DD means nothing without the band size confused

FoofItHigh Sat 04-Jul-15 19:49:56

No not in US but elsewhere in Europe.

Think I'll have a look online.

Thing is E sounds massive but I have small boobs, just stretched a bit from babies blush E cups do hold everything in.

ChuffinAda Sat 04-Jul-15 19:51:24

I call the DD+ section the 'licence to print money and give us shit looking undies' section.

Although, the aforementioned shops I listed usually have some pretty ones in.

NoArmaniNoPunani Sat 04-Jul-15 19:53:48

Brastop online is good. I'm a 32FF and have no chance finding that in shops.

ouryve Sat 04-Jul-15 19:55:59

Yep, 32G and usually use brastop or, occasionally figleaves. Once you know your best bra, you can often find more bargains on Amazon or Ebay.

TBH, I don't have any ugly undies BUT there is some shit out there!

I'd try buying online in that case OP. From what I can gather the UK is one of the best countries in terms of small band 'big' cup bras - Freya, Panache, Curvy Kate, Fantasie, Cleo etc are all UK based. Poland is also pretty good funnily enough, but a lot of other countries just haven't caught up yet. I'm a member of a big bras facebook group and it's full of women in the US, Europe and Australia who are all buying UK and Polish bras.

WorktoLive Sat 04-Jul-15 20:01:31

30E is a medium sized woman with medium sized boobs and it's s fucking disgrace that we can't walk into any shop and have a good choice. If you can afford it, Bravissimo are very good and will look at you and suggest styles that suit.

Lambbone Sat 04-Jul-15 20:01:41

Bravissimo.

Find your nearest, book a fitting slot, and Bob's your uncle.

They've sorted out DD2 (massive norks), DD1 (not stacked but broad back, looks fabulous now I've staged an intervention). And me. Middle aged, middle boobed, now well supported and pointing in the right direction.

And once you've found ones you like you can order online.

FoofItHigh Sat 04-Jul-15 20:05:18

Just ordered a 2 pack on the M&S website, thanks for suggesting them. They deliver here and only €28 for the lot smile

If they fit well I'll order more.

M&S sizing isn't the most reliable - just to warn you upfront - so don't be put off if they don't fit!

LashesandLipstick Sat 04-Jul-15 20:12:44

I recommend brastop OP! Lots of nice styles.

Also if you're in Europe check out Ewa Michalak. My god, her bras are the most luxurious beautiful undies I've ever had.

FoofItHigh Sat 04-Jul-15 20:17:07

Ok, thanks.

The bras I ordered had good reviews for size so fingers crossed. Just got a cheap 2 pack to test out. Hopefully they'll fit but if not I won't be annoyed.

OrangeVase Sat 04-Jul-15 20:17:48

Bravissimo - lots in 30E

I was 30/32 F now a bit fatter, 34 F/G. DD is 30E (teen) - and has found some lovely styles that fit there.

Bravissimo - Official Site www.bravissimo.com/

Stoneysilence Sat 04-Jul-15 20:21:56

I just bought a 2 pack of M&S non-wired 30E (pregnant boobs)... They fit ok in the shop but after wearing for a day...ouch. Why oh why do I always go back to M&S? When will I learn!

emwithme Sat 04-Jul-15 20:50:14

Have you tried Boux Avenue?

I really like them - they go from a 28 back to a 40 in C to G cups (with A cups in a 30/32/34/36 and B cups in a 38).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now