Should I of offered money?

(18 Posts)
Suncreamandspades Fri 03-Jul-15 22:13:22

I'm rubbish at this stuff.
Dd has sn and has not been to a party in years and years. Her friends parents took just her and friend out for friends birthday tonight. An activity then takeaway.

I did send a present but I'm now worrying I should have offered money for activity and food and I will of vastly offended them blush

Can you tell I'm not used to this stuff blush

fastdaytears Fri 03-Jul-15 22:15:08

Absolutely not. It's a birthday treat from your Dd's friend's parents.

Hope she really enjoyed herself.

DevonFolk Fri 03-Jul-15 22:15:12

I wouldn't have thought so because it was part of a birthday treat. If it hadn't been a particular occasion I'd have offered.

chewymeringue Fri 03-Jul-15 22:15:22

I wouldn't have offered money in that instance. I don't think you did the wrong thing at all.

CoogerAndDark Fri 03-Jul-15 22:16:28

No, don't worry about it. A birthday outing is on the hosts.

AndNowItsSeven Fri 03-Jul-15 22:16:30

No, you don't offer money in those circs trances.

chewymeringue Fri 03-Jul-15 22:16:59

Yes, if it was a normal day out I would offer but not if it was a birthday party type thing.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Fri 03-Jul-15 22:18:18

I think it is normal for the parent of the birthday child to pay fo these things.
Unless it specified on the invite "we are going climbing, cost £10, please wear joggers".
I wouldn't have offered payment.

hesterton Fri 03-Jul-15 22:18:58

Hope she had fun and that it's the start of many parties!

Hussarsataparty Fri 03-Jul-15 22:19:00

YADNBU - hope your DD had a lovely time!

evelynj Fri 03-Jul-15 22:19:30

No, they're hosting a birthday treat for their dn which includes having her friend join in
Hope she has a lovely time!

Suncreamandspades Fri 03-Jul-15 22:20:14

Thank you so much.
She loved it smile She's such a lovely , kind girl to others but she really struggles to make friends as she won't even approach them but then gets upset at being left out. Child's parents are amazing so I definately don't want to offend them.

MrsBungle Fri 03-Jul-15 22:20:48

No - birthday treat for their child so they pay. smile don't worry about it.

MaidOfStars Fri 03-Jul-15 22:21:05

I think offering might have been reasonable. Well, maybe, 'How much money will she need?'. Did you give her some spends? A few quid fir ninsense sweets/arcade?

Magicalmrmistofeles Fri 03-Jul-15 22:21:45

Nope, birthday treat. I'm glad she had a lovely daygrin

TestingTestingWonTooFree Fri 03-Jul-15 22:23:43

I'm not at party age, but I think as it was a 1:1 I'd follow up with a text/card to parents to say how much DD enjoyed it and to thank them. Maybe DD could help?

Appleblossom82 Fri 03-Jul-15 22:24:21

I would have offered/asked how much money they needed to bring as i wouldnt like to assume. Think im in the minority though. Glad she had a lovely time.

Suncreamandspades Fri 03-Jul-15 22:27:54

I did give her spends. She came back with it although I'm not actually convinced she offered it to them. Will drop a text in morning thanking them again and checking she did.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now