Is it ok to leave my daughter to walk home herself?

(9 Posts)
PrudetheObscure Tue 30-Jun-15 15:53:17

It's only 160 miles, she'd be fine yeah? She assured me that it would take just 'a couple of hours' to pack her up and clean the house ready to hand keys back, but I've been here since 11:30 and the end is NOT nigh!

I would like her home for the summer so I'd leave her a map book and a bottle of water to help her on her way. She could have my tic tacs too if she wanted. AIBU?

QueenofLouisiana Tue 30-Jun-15 15:57:33

I think the tictacs would be more than generous. grin what could possibly go wrong?

Buttercup27 Tue 30-Jun-15 15:58:56

O think you're. Being more than generous!

notquitegrownup2 Tue 30-Jun-15 16:00:37

Nope YANBU at all!

Actually, I remember doing exactly the same thing to my dad - and we lived almost exactly 160 miles from Uni too.

I do remember thinking how unreasonable he was being, being in such a hurry to leave, when I was coming home from Uni after a whole year, with all that packing to do, and a hangover too, and I had been working reeeeallllly hard so was everso tired, and had to say goodbye to all my friends and my new, very exciting (and rather delicious) boyfriend too.

It's sooooo tough being a teenager, even a nearly grown up one.

merrymouse Tue 30-Jun-15 16:01:49

Depends. Where are you waiting? Is there shade? Do you have access to water? Think back 18 years - what wouldn't you have done for some quiet time doing absolutely nothing?

PrudetheObscure Tue 30-Jun-15 16:08:53

If only I had nothing to do! We're playing 'Our car is a Tardis' in an effort to get all her stuff home.

flora717 Tue 30-Jun-15 17:23:30

Train?.Coach?

PrudetheObscure Wed 01-Jul-15 00:02:39

We made it home smile!

I realised that next year she'll be driving herself and limited to what she can fit into an teeny weeny car ... Give me 24 hours to recuperate and I'll be feeling all nostalgic about our 'lovely' trips home from uni.

BertrandRussell Wed 01-Jul-15 01:02:30

160 miles? Lightweight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now