To feel completely overwhelmed?

(6 Posts)
LemonySmithit Tue 30-Jun-15 11:33:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fauxlivia Tue 30-Jun-15 11:54:43

I would wear work out clothes and pack normal clothes for afterwards. Most gyms have shower facilities, so you dont have to walk home all sweaty. There is often an induction session offered where the staff show you how everything works. Ask if they dont offer. Gyms are expensive and you need to know how to get the best out of it.

Good luck. I used to love going mostly so i could eat minstrels on the way home, without guilt Must get back onto it

purplemurple1 Tue 30-Jun-15 11:58:01

I use to go on my way home so wore work clothes there and changed, walked home and showered changed again.

BlankXpression Tue 30-Jun-15 11:58:07

Everyone feels like this when they first join the gym, don't worry! I joined in January and felt a complete plum until at least March grin...but am now a regular and love it.

Are you planning to go before work or after? i guess that will depend on what you wear to go. I work out first thing, go to the gym in my gym gear, and then go home to shower and change, purely because I can't be arsed to lug hairdryer, make-up etc to the gym....but loads of women get ready for work in the changing rooms.

Good luck. Its been one of the best things I ever did.

LemonySmithit Tue 30-Jun-15 12:00:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NRomanoff Tue 30-Jun-15 12:19:30

When it comes to gyms, it depends on what suits you. I work from home so go in my gym clothes and come home for a shower. Some people (night shift workers) arrive in work clothes and get changed in to gym clothes. Some arrive in gym clothes and get a shower and put on their work clothes after working out.

Totally up to what works for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now