To expect the whole kit?

(9 Posts)
WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Fri 26-Jun-15 22:05:42

School have asked ds to be on a football team over the weekend. Charity gig.
Representing the school, so the school supply a kit. Shirt, shorts and socks.
Obviously, he has to wear his own boots and pads for fit.
Got issued with a kit bag today. It contained a shirt.
No socks. No shorts.
He has PE shorts he can wear. Black will have to be ok. But his bright red socks won't look too smart with the blue kit.
Not a major problem, I know. But if they ask the kids to wear the special coloured things, they should lend them the right ones?

DragonsCanHop Fri 26-Jun-15 22:07:12

Just Kit shirt would be the norm here.

Can you imagine trying to collect up all those shirts plus socks and shorts!

Magmatic80 Fri 26-Jun-15 22:09:19

My company has a football team and they only get shirts supplied. If a multi £million company doesn't supply anything other than shirts I wouldn't think a school would.

sherbertlemon17 Fri 26-Jun-15 22:11:22

Unless your DS's school is flush with money don't expect more than a shirt.

But completely not unreasonable if they've asked you to buy special shorts and socks.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Fri 26-Jun-15 22:14:22

They say the kit is shirt, shorts and socks.
No option to buy them, the school have about 3 teams worth, and lend them every time something like this is on.
First time he has been chosen, so not sure what to expect.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Fri 26-Jun-15 22:17:02

I am thinking it's more likely to be lazy parents tbh. Or even the kids.
9-11 year olds.
Didn't pack all the bits in the kit bag last time it was lent out...

MiddleAgedandConfused Fri 26-Jun-15 22:36:48

Just a supplying a shirt is standard. Don't worry if the rest doesn't match - no one will care. Go any enjoy yourselves.
They will also be looking for a volunteer to wash the kits as well after the match - so lie low if you don't fancy that honour.

PuntasticUsername Fri 26-Jun-15 23:29:17

Oh. Misread thread title as involving Kit Kat. Not so interested now, sorry smile wink

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Fri 26-Jun-15 23:31:46

I think each kid (parent) has to wash their own individual kit. Although, it would make more sense to shove all 10 (?) in one wash...

No kit kat I am afraid. But might have to rectify that after 4 hours of standing around watching football.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now