To ask if you think Amal was overdressed or did Stella get it wrong?

(76 Posts)
GeorgianaDevonshire Wed 24-Jun-15 16:45:51

Back in the days when I had something resembling a social life and not much of one even then I often worried about turning up in the wrong outfit. Under or overdressed, not sure which is worse!

Amal Clooney and Stella McCartney

Daily Mail link and trivial question.

GeorgianaDevonshire Wed 24-Jun-15 16:48:38

For those who can't bear to open a DM link.

Bonsoir Wed 24-Jun-15 16:50:38

I think Amal looks great and Stella is underdressed.

Sadit Wed 24-Jun-15 16:50:41

Aml looks lovely (though too thin imo) and Stella....needs a stylist

mewkins Wed 24-Jun-15 16:52:54

Hmmm I think both look good in different ways. I prefer to be underdressed than over dressed (after a weird thing I went to in a classy dress and heels while everyone else was in jeans!). Her jumpsuut would have looked lovely with some flat sandals too or Stella's jeans would have been more dressed up with heels.

seaoflove Wed 24-Jun-15 16:53:22

Wow, Amal looks absolutely gaunt.

LadyFuckrington Wed 24-Jun-15 16:53:59

Is she wearing bare legs to court? shock

DoraMarstellar Wed 24-Jun-15 16:55:10

SM looks ghastly. Not liking the bag lady look at all. And what's with the oversized shoes?

Yarp Wed 24-Jun-15 16:57:00

Where are they going?

They both are wearing what epitomises their own style, and they both look comfortable?

I think that it is all it boils down to, really. Some of the mose uncomfortable-looking people I've seen have been overdressed, especially if they can't walk properly in what they have chosen, or sit comfortably. It doesn't look like that applies to Amal.

OttiliaVonBCup Wed 24-Jun-15 17:16:14

I think they both got it wrong.
One is overdressed, the other one just wrong.

Spadequeen Wed 24-Jun-15 17:16:21

Why do either of them have to be wrong? Why can't they wear what they like for an informal night out?

Does anyone ask wether George or Stella's husband has got it wrong on a night out?

Yarp Wed 24-Jun-15 17:17:25

I agree Spade

SirPercyPilkington Wed 24-Jun-15 17:18:57

I think they are both being true to their own styles. And look great.
I would want to wear Stella's outfit but with killer heels as my feet look boat like in flat shoes.

QuintShhhhhh Wed 24-Jun-15 17:22:24

Well, she is wearing one of Stellas designs?

I am sure she is Michael Jackson, really.

I'd be surprised if she was wearing a white suit to court.

whereismagic Wed 24-Jun-15 17:45:51

I am more interested how she managed completely smooth under eye areas in the evening when they are noticeably bulging in her white outfit? Quite a night obviously. But how did she shrink them??

GeorgianaDevonshire Wed 24-Jun-15 17:47:47

Spade & Yarp - I said it was a trivial question. Why bother to open a thread just to snipe?

Their husbands weren't there. Though I do think George dresses like an uncool dad.

GeorgianaDevonshire Wed 24-Jun-15 17:50:09

They were going to the Electric House in Notting Hill apparently.

Fauxlivia Wed 24-Jun-15 17:59:18

Amal looks beautiful. Stella looks like she is heading to tesco to do the weekly shop - nice but not dressed up enough for a night out. No one seems to dress up anymore, which is a shame.

Yarp Wed 24-Jun-15 18:43:57

Georgiana

I am not sniping. I am engaging with the question!

Blimey

Yarp Wed 24-Jun-15 18:44:32

Did you read my first post Georgiana?

NashvilleQueen Wed 24-Jun-15 18:44:58

You can tell Stella is the one who has grown up with tiresome and constant media attention. She doesn't lift her head once on these pictures. Good on her.

Yarp Wed 24-Jun-15 18:49:41

I think there's something 'cool' about 'underdressing'. Having the confidence to not where what you are expected to, especially if whatever that is is uncomfortable or revealing.

So sometimes people over dress to fit in and if it's not their normal style it doesn't work - you see this a lot at weddings

But maybe I'm biased because I really don't understand why people wear shoes that cripple your feet

Yarp Wed 24-Jun-15 18:50:01

wear not where

Duckdeamon Wed 24-Jun-15 18:53:15

It is Notting hill, anything goes!

standard DM sexist bullshit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now