To think the seagulls should have shut up by now?

(47 Posts)
Cumberlover76 Thu 18-Jun-15 22:43:19

It's twenty to 11 ffs! They are still making a noise, I fucking hate seagulls, noisy, messy bastards! Can't wait to move further inland. I know there are other noisy birds, but I've had nearly 20 years of seagulls!

mrsspooky Thu 18-Jun-15 22:47:00

I think its because they have their babies at the moment so are busy on night feeds....so do give them a break Im sure they arent enjoying that either! (I love seagulls myself they are beautiful and very friendly)

Socalled Thu 18-Jun-15 22:48:20

I grew up by the sea, so it's normal to me, but I will admit to having screamed abuse out of a B and B window in St Andrews at some particularly noisy ones, the night before a job interview.

I also got a gash on my finger from a diving seagull trying to nick my toddler's sandwich on a Cornish beach this year....

Cumberlover76 Thu 18-Jun-15 22:48:27

Do you live in a seaside town mrsspooky?

Cumberlover76 Thu 18-Jun-15 22:49:47

It's normal to me too but at this time of year they keep me awake at night and wake me up stupidly early with their squawking!

Koalafications Thu 18-Jun-15 22:50:44

Seagulls are twats. Fact.

BlackBettyBamALam Thu 18-Jun-15 22:51:55

I hear you Cumber they are right noisy feckers. 2.30 yesterday morning! Bloody bastard birds.

mrsspooky Thu 18-Jun-15 22:53:56

Yes, they have been squarking outside my window all night all week. But they have to feed their hungry babies.
I hand raised baby seagulls once, they are very very cute babies! (and eat alot!)

Tinklewinkle Thu 18-Jun-15 22:54:20

Seagulls are twats. Fact.

Hear bloody hear.

They're making a bloody racket here too. Go to sleep already

Cumberlover76 Thu 18-Jun-15 22:56:36

Baby seagulls are cute, but they are shit to have in a city in my shit area where there are no trees or gardens to soften the noise! We've only just nearly got rid of the bloody students for the summer!

mrsspooky Thu 18-Jun-15 22:57:46

oh yes students are much noisier than seagulls.

gamerchick Thu 18-Jun-15 22:58:10

They all have little gangly babies atm. We get a nest straight over from where I work on a flat roof opposite. They're brilliant to watch, especially when they nip the arses
of the reluctant ones to make them fly when the time comes.

Probably wouldn't want to sleep under one though grin

KissMyFatArse Thu 18-Jun-15 23:00:03

We're in Glasgow and the seagulls are like huge ferocious flying rats with wings!

They congregate on the high building roofs and during summer dive bomb you on the way to work.

Disgusting dirty horrible aggressive creatures.

mrsspooky Thu 18-Jun-15 23:01:35

I think the key to coping with the noise is in the attitude - if you learn to love them the noise is ok! think of them as suffering parents doing their night feeding and you cant get annoyed surely!

backwardpossom Thu 18-Jun-15 23:04:22

I don't mind their noise. I hate their bloody divebombing when I have the audacity to walk/run past a house they happen to be nesting on. Horrible beasts.

mrsspooky Thu 18-Jun-15 23:04:34

gamerchick-they are brilliant to watch arent they! best is when they are hovering slightly above the ground trying to learn to fly, so funny!

Dont know about glasgow but the ones ive met are not disgusting dirty horrible or aggressive!

ImprobableBee Thu 18-Jun-15 23:18:51

biscuit, anyone?

TheCatsFlaps Thu 18-Jun-15 23:31:25

My neighbour keeps feeding fucking gulls. Now there is gull shit everywhere, they attack the pigeons and I caught one eating cat vom! shock

ShadowFire Thu 18-Jun-15 23:36:49

I had a horribly aggressive seagull knock my chips out of my hand when I visited a seaside town last year.

BettyCatKitten Thu 18-Jun-15 23:37:04

My dad called them giant rats with wings! Anyone seen 'the birds?' Uurrgghh

HoneyDragon Fri 19-Jun-15 00:01:04

Sure, move inland. Come and join me and the Cunting pIgeons.
Less vicious than seagulls but bits of them drop off unexpectedly and horribly. Bastards.

BettyCatKitten Fri 19-Jun-15 00:02:38

cunting pigeons grin

Cumberlover76 Fri 19-Jun-15 08:04:36

grin at cunting pigeons too!

BringMeTea Fri 19-Jun-15 08:13:18

Mil lives on the south coast. By Christ they are noisy buggers and the size of the poo on the conservatory roof! They are built like Mike Tyson.

Cumberlover76 Fri 19-Jun-15 08:24:32

I'm in Devon and family visiting from abroad said they were the biggest they've ever seen! Must be all the chips and pasties!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now