AIBU or is my boss too demanding?

(8 Posts)
ZingDramaQueenOfSheeba Tue 16-Jun-15 11:30:20

I started working for my newest boss 11 month ago.
I'm at his back and call, pretty much 24/7. He is charming and lovely but needs a lot of attention or else he screams at me.
I'm exhausted and have a really bad cold and desperate for a little nap right now. but he won't let me sleep. I thought he didn't see me sneaking under the duvet, but of course he noticed and didn't like it and he's been calling out to me ever since.angry

never mind I spent the entire weekend looking after him, because he had a fever and toothache and he kept on waking me up every night at very unsociable hours and couldn't keep his hands off me. but now he is seemingly better I still can't catch a break!

I'd quit my job, but I don't get paid anyway and not to toot my own horn but I know the boss finds me irreplaceable. Plus he lives with us and depends on us for everything really, and DH and I chose this situation knowing it will be a permanent contract so it's not like I (we) could just quit. And tbh we love him a lot. When he is happy he is delightful.
smile
But right now I just want to sleep! I tried talking to him, explaning that I need just a little time to get better, but he's adamant that his needs come first. He wants me to entertain him again! But what about my needs? I even tried to ignore him, but he keeps complaining.

I don't know what to do. I think he is too immature to see how selfish he can be.
I'm hiding under the duvet so he can't see me. He knows I'm here. I'll have to let him complain until he gets tired and dozes off.

magimedi Tue 16-Jun-15 11:38:03

Get a pair & LTB!!!! grin

This too will pass - as I suspect you know!

Poor you, can you get anyone to take him out for a walk in his pram for an hour or so? Maybe bribe one of his co workers?

DIL (with very new PFB) told me the other day that she had no idea what sleep deprivation was like until a few weeks ago! She didn't believe hers would be like that!

I was very good & did not laugh (until I came off the phone).

hesterton Tue 16-Jun-15 11:38:36

Ask for a raise and a couple of weeks annual leave! Is there a temp you can get in for a while?

TedAndLola Tue 16-Jun-15 11:42:28

Are you in a union?

prepperpig Tue 16-Jun-15 11:43:00

Sometimes its worth calling in an older colleague to play with the boss whilst you get some rest. He might object and shout out for you but will often get distracted when something that looks interesting is put in front of him. Your DM?

ZingDramaQueenOfSheeba Tue 16-Jun-15 11:46:32

grin @ in a union

yes, increased annual holiday is a good idea.

luckily he drank a full bottle of his favourite beverage and now has passed out. I might just be able to have this nap before the CEO and the other bosses return.
wink

ZingDramaQueenOfSheeba Tue 16-Jun-15 12:04:31

and i won't get a raise, sadly, I don't even get hazard pay! (ha has puked on me before!)
This is a volunteer job and we actually support him, we buy his food, his clothes, pay for his hobbies, chauffeur him wherever he needs to go...

I'm a bit unfair though, because truth be told despite the lack of financial benefits he does rewards us with a smile here or a laughter there and we tend to get a hug regulary and even a pat on the back sometimes!smile

prepperpig Tue 16-Jun-15 12:12:54

I'd be pushing for some sort of wear and tear allowance, perhaps repayable as a nice lump sum when he leaves the business to progress his career in 20 years or so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now