Faceache (book) moan

(18 Posts)
Bishopston Mon 08-Jun-15 12:58:43

Is it just me who cringes at this sort of fb status update:

"Wee wee on the potty!!! Yay".

Yes this was an actual status update on my fb feed. Or AIBU? I mean people may say fb is open to each person to express themselves....

flora717 Mon 08-Jun-15 13:01:08

You could congratulate the poster on THEIR achievements (I'm not sure I could balance on a potty these days wink)

WinterOfOurDiscountTents15 Mon 08-Jun-15 13:02:11

As always, its not about FB. YOU choose who to have on their. YOUR friends post inane stuff about potties. If you have a problem with it, then thats a problem with either them or you, not FB. It's just a medium for communication, the content and community is all your own choice.

Bishopston Mon 08-Jun-15 13:02:27

Lol flora!! Didn't think of that!!

DragonWithAGirlTattoo Mon 08-Jun-15 13:02:59

its what makes people happy - you should know that FB is full of useless and boring information - YANBU to be meh, but YABVVU to start a(nother - other ops, not you) thread about the vapidity of FB

BeautyQueenFromMars Mon 08-Jun-15 13:03:11

Not what I'd put myself, but there's nothing at all wrong with sharing an achievement or milestone.
Just unfollow if you're not interested.

Bishopston Mon 08-Jun-15 13:06:36

I think FB is a great medium in some ways, don't get me wrong, but there is a point at which I think it tips over into nonsense, andit's about recognising that point. Actually, I think it's a great medium for getting in touch with long lost friends and can greatly improve some/many people' s quality of life.

PuppyMonkey Mon 08-Jun-15 13:07:24

I think that attitude's a bit mean - a wee on a potty is quite a landmark (compared to a lot of the dross you get on there). I assume you on the other hand are Dorothy Parker herself? wink

Bishopston Mon 08-Jun-15 13:23:43

To be fair Puppy, yes I do agree a wee on a potty, objectively speaking, is a landmark. However, same fb poster tends to be on fb so much that she would literally announce something a banal as: "loading washing machine"

DragonWithAGirlTattoo Mon 08-Jun-15 14:13:40

just unfollow her then...

i dont get why people moan so much about the banality of facebook, but feel it deserves a whole new thread, when you could just add on to one of the 100s that are already there

maybe MN could have a sticky section
Parking
Facebook
MIL

etc and you just add your moans to them

(sorry, sound harsh when i read it back, i dont mean to be a bitch from hell.... but i love MN and all the different types of posts we get, and its just a bit [hmmm] when you get another one thats a mirror of previous ones

DoJo Mon 08-Jun-15 14:14:36

However, same fb poster tends to be on fb so much that she would literally announce something a banal as: "loading washing machine"

If she is boring you, then you only have yourself to blame for allowing her to. You can limit the updates you see, ignore then or unfriend her. She sounds like she's a bit bored and needs some kind of outlet, and if FB provides that, then so much the better IMO.

Bishopston Mon 08-Jun-15 14:20:53

Being honest DoJo I've now deleted my fb account completely, so this post is a bit 'retrospective' anyway to be honest. And sorry if it's a slightly 'repetitive' thread - should've put it in the 'Facebook' section, I guess......

MarjorieWinklepicker Mon 08-Jun-15 14:22:50

I'd rather that than an actual photo of a child's first shit in the potty. Yes, someone I knew actually did that.

DragonWithAGirlTattoo Mon 08-Jun-15 14:39:09

ewwwwwwwwwwww Majorie..... why!!?!!?

SaucyJack Mon 08-Jun-15 14:41:21

I'd probably post a status like that if I was bored enough tbh.

I'm not even ashamed.

Sallyingforth Mon 08-Jun-15 14:58:25

*maybe MN could have a sticky section
Parking
Facebook
MIL*

etc and you just add your moans to them

It does! Try here:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/facebook

imwithspud Mon 08-Jun-15 16:00:01

Hate people complaining about what others post on Facebook, unless you can guarantee that everything you post is of interest to everyone else you have no place to moan. No one forces you to read what others post, just unfollow or unfriend them and be done with it.

Bishopston Mon 08-Jun-15 16:24:18

Omg Marjorie - I can't top that one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now