couples walking through shops holding hands

(318 Posts)
DosDuchas Sat 06-Jun-15 16:46:08

Has anyone ever BARGED through the barrier they create and shouted STOP HOLDING HANDS FGS YOU ANNOYING PEOPLE?
( or perhaps something snappier?)

marks and spencer today - it was like british bloody bulldog, especially when the man LEADS the woman through the shops, swerving past racks of clothes, creating a four foot wide barrier

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 06-Jun-15 16:48:33

I never have but often want to. Just gtfo of my way, saddos.

Except for elderly couples who I think look adorable when they hold hands.

PattiODoors Sat 06-Jun-15 16:49:29

Wasn't me. I was holding little 'uns hand today (put knee through only decent pair of school trews on Friday. FGS child couldn't you have wrecked the scabby ones grrr)

<misses the point>

Bair Sat 06-Jun-15 16:50:07

The leading thing is weird and takes up stupid space.

But I love people holding hands. It's sweet and I do it all the time with DH

fiveacres Sat 06-Jun-15 16:51:07

I am in the annoying camp. Especially when walking down the street.

ProbablyMe Sat 06-Jun-15 16:51:14

I'm a saddo and proud grin

DosDuchas Sat 06-Jun-15 16:51:18

there should be clearly indicated areas where hand holding is permitted.

if you HAVE to do it.

It makes me all annoyed. I think ' how much longer do I do this beofre I can break off"

manaboutthemaison Sat 06-Jun-15 16:51:53

I often hold Mrs masons had in shops, also in parks , on beaches , in town etc …. You get uptight over it in M&S cos it may hold you up for a few seconds ??

Callaird Sat 06-Jun-15 16:52:43

I hate it too but just because it makes me realise how much I miss it! Same as kissing in public places - please don't, it makes me sad!!

noddyholder Sat 06-Jun-15 16:53:11

yes old people exempt from pda ridicule- look

fiveacres Sat 06-Jun-15 16:53:18

It's when you have to step OFF the pavement onto the road because of two people who can't be parted I get annoyed.

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 06-Jun-15 16:53:33

I don't think there's anything wrong with holding hands per se. I think there's a lot wrong with people being rude enough to think their lovely shows of coupled up-ness are somehow more important than every single other person they come into contact with and are getting in the way of.

DosDuchas Sat 06-Jun-15 16:53:39

I was dodging and ducking behind this couple today. I thought 'oh fgs i am pretty sure she can get to the escalator all on her own.'

noddyholder Sat 06-Jun-15 16:53:52

ah thats wrong pic damn

DosDuchas Sat 06-Jun-15 16:54:43

added to this men who STEER you - by your shoulder or waist

OOH I HATE THAT TOO * turns on hate everything button *

GlitzAndGigglesx Sat 06-Jun-15 16:54:59

A couple were strolling towards the escalator at snails pace doing it today and I thought there's no fucking way I'm staying behind this! I said excuse me and they moved aside instead of disconnecting. I'm an unromantic cow

tilliebob Sat 06-Jun-15 16:55:06

We always hold hands - if it pisses people off, even better wtf

ThatBloodyWoman Sat 06-Jun-15 16:55:26

I've been married WAY too long to hold hands.
When I see other people doing it I wonder how I became so bitter and twisted. <sigh>

DosDuchas Sat 06-Jun-15 16:55:48

i LOVE YOU GlitzAndGigglesx

MrsEvadneCake Sat 06-Jun-15 16:55:48

I'm a hand holder and proud!! I steer him though. Feel free to jump over our hands through the gap...although we will let go to allow traffic to pass.

Katedotness1963 Sat 06-Jun-15 16:56:13

Married 30 years and we hold hands when we're walking. Feel free to walk round us! smile

paramedicswift Sat 06-Jun-15 16:56:32

Don't move out of their way. Just look distracted or look at your phone. Make them walk around you.

DosDuchas Sat 06-Jun-15 16:57:03

for me its nothing to do with the affection thing - I am naturally NOT a hand holder, and thats just me - its the OBSTACLE as they drift about

NB these kind of couples will also shop for clothes for her together and have a shared email address' we have nothing to hide' ( no but I BLOODY MIGHT HAVE)

CatherineOfAbdomen Sat 06-Jun-15 16:57:22

I hate it too.
My dh attempted to do it a few weeks ago, I hissed " For God's sake man we are in Sainsbury's, get off!"

DosDuchas Sat 06-Jun-15 17:01:32

i know of a couple who run holding hands

One of them is on their THIRD marriage. We giggle that its to stop the current spouse running off

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now