potential suitor has made his own 2015 calendar with photos of him every month and highly airbrushed posters of him around the house - warning signs right?

(73 Posts)
pettywitchinlondon Tue 02-Jun-15 08:17:11

So last night I stayed over with someone I have had a few dates with. Saw the house for the first time and nothing unusual (if not a a bit boring) . Anyway he had large blown up photos of him around the house, he's been trying todo a bit of modeling and these were professional photos. They were obviously heavily airbrushed like the cover of a magazine. Also on his bedside table he had made his own 2015 calendar and every month contained a photo of him.

Aibu to think this is warning signs of narcissistic guy best avoided?

ahbollocks Tue 02-Jun-15 08:19:30

grin that is absolutely hilarious

gymboywalton Tue 02-Jun-15 08:19:35

It's a warning sign of him being a prick!

youwouldthink Tue 02-Jun-15 08:19:56

Run woman run!!!!! smile

Catsize Tue 02-Jun-15 08:22:22

Do you even need to ask???
Just say 'oh thats's really nice - I'd like a calendar to remind me of my dad too. Is yours still alive?'.

ghostyslovesheep Tue 02-Jun-15 08:22:25

was he good in bed ???? wink

no seriously run away very very fast grin

Nettletheelf Tue 02-Jun-15 08:23:23

HA HA HA!

Were the photos seasonally themed? For example, did the April shot show him cradling a baby rabbit and looking moody? Does the November one show him pouting and lighting fireworks?

We must know!

ArghWhatOnEarthsGoingOn Tue 02-Jun-15 08:23:50

Run for the hills.

ghostyslovesheep Tue 02-Jun-15 08:26:08

yes in December is he nude with a Santa hat covering his manhood???

LuckyLuckyMe Tue 02-Jun-15 08:26:18

When you say he's been trying to do a bit of modelling, do you think it's a viable career option for him.......or not? grin

pettywitchinlondon Tue 02-Jun-15 08:26:23

Ha thanks! Well yes I did need to ask I often in the minority on here, I'm quite anti photos on display the house as it reminds me of moments past. So wasn't sure if this making your own calendar full of pictures of you is thing these days (he was 8 years younger).

Anyway he was dull all round, but all the photos of him freaked me out.

ahbollocks Tue 02-Jun-15 08:29:08

Reminds me of a guy I dated for 2 months before dh- he answered the door to me once naked bar a towel and covered in oil.
Absolutely pissed myself laughing.
He was super vain,

Nettletheelf Tue 02-Jun-15 08:29:09

Steal the calendar and post pictures from it on here.

pettywitchinlondon Tue 02-Jun-15 08:29:38

Not sure if he does have it to become a model. He's trying to do fitness modeling, so not sure if the face is important for this. The airbrushed photos were ridiculous they made his face look very different.

pictish Tue 02-Jun-15 08:30:18

Omg hahahahaaa! A calendar wow! shock grin
Yanbu to find it a total turn off.

ByeByeButterfly Tue 02-Jun-15 08:31:08

He's so vain - he probably thinks this song is about him.

PorridgeIsYummy Tue 02-Jun-15 08:31:52

I'd say, shag him for all he's worth. You don't have to get emotionally involved with him, do you? So who cares if he's a narcissist. Unless he's rubbish in bed, that is - Come to think about it, I guess someone who has a photo calendar of himself on his bedside table might not be the type that has his woman's pleasure at the forefront of his mind...

Tell us - what was he like? wink

Pipistrella Tue 02-Jun-15 08:32:25

I'm sorry but I just couldn't. I would have burst out laughing, it would have been extremely awkward.

I nearly did this to an old flame who had THE most appalling taste in art, it was very hard to keep a straight face while deciding where to hang his 'paintings'. think street art of black man playing trumpet with tear on cheek, splatted all over with primary coloured drips of paint for no apparent reason. He also had an extremely faded-to-blue landscape print. No idea where he got this shite.

ollieplimsoles Tue 02-Jun-15 08:32:31

Pictures of himself airbrushed around his house and then a friggin calendar!!

I've heard it all hahaha

Nettletheelf Tue 02-Jun-15 08:33:13

Is fitness modelling the Men's Health type stuff?

Why hasn't he asked us for ideas?

January: shovelling snow whilst flaunting biceps

October: Skeletor costume (Halloween: couldn't think of many dressing up outfits that combined muscles and evil).

I could go on.

AlternativeTentacles Tue 02-Jun-15 08:34:43

I had a date with someone once. I went to his - he had two books, about 5 records/cds and two samurai swords and I was discussing the swords and I knew more about them than he did. Two books? One a self help books as well [chicken soup for the soul IIRC].

No - I never met up with him again.

HellKitty Tue 02-Jun-15 08:35:06

In the interest of MN you must carry on dating him and filling us all in!

Seriously though. Wtaf?!

sooperdooper Tue 02-Jun-15 08:38:01

Haha, hilarious! You have to go back round just to get photos and show us them grin

alicemalice Tue 02-Jun-15 08:39:03

Oh god my friend did this. She's a good looking woman but it seemed impossibly vain to put up framed pics in your own house of yourself posing. Especially in the bedroom.

HellKitty Tue 02-Jun-15 08:41:49

A friend of mine befriended another woman at a toddler group and went over to her house for a brew. On top of the TV (pre-flatscreens!) was a portrait taken of her when pregnant. In the buff. Graphic. My friend didn't know where or what to look at.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now