My relatives

(9 Posts)
Whattonamemyselfnow Mon 01-Jun-15 15:34:59

I've not seen my aunty and uncle in a few years. Since we had kids three years ago we haven't seen them. I like it this way. I don't like them much for various reasons which I won't bore you with.
Recently they won't stop emailing about meeting up. I don't want to meet up. Now she has started moaning to my grandparents and anyone who will listen that we won't see them.

What do I do here? Ainu to just ignore them.

Disclaimer, we have 3 kids under 3 both work full time as teachers and are marking exams in our spare time. I barely have time to see my friends who like 10 minutes away let along visiting these people who I barely know.

Theycallmemellowjello Mon 01-Jun-15 15:40:26

Have you told them no?

Jackie0 Mon 01-Jun-15 15:42:30

Let them moan , they'll soon get bored

Jackie0 Mon 01-Jun-15 15:44:37

Yes ignore.
Don't be tempted to use grandparents to relay reasons or excuses, the less they know the better then they can't be dragged into it.

Penfold007 Mon 01-Jun-15 16:22:26

Send them a simple email stating you have no wish to meet up and they need to stop asking via other relatives.

RackofPeas Mon 01-Jun-15 17:34:35

My aunt is similar, makes no effort to come see us, but moans if everyone doesn't make the effort to see her. I put up with a certain amount for my mums sake, but I don't know how much more I will cope with. She's been quite baggy for the last year and I'm hoping she'll get bored and go back to mostly ignoring us soon.
We have this annoyingly obligation when it comes to family members, people you wouldn't actually associate with if they weren't related. Ignore them if your happy to do that, ignore the guilt trips. They could have made the effort over past years but chose not to. Not your fault, enjoy your precious free time with those you really care for.

RackofPeas Mon 01-Jun-15 17:36:00

Baggy? Whoops, i meant naggy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now