To think that if a bus is early, it should remain at the bus stop until the departure time and not 7 minutes before?!!

(15 Posts)
RedKite1985 Thu 28-May-15 14:15:02

Because I missed mine this morning and got into work 45 minutes late!

I had plenty of time to get to the bottom of my road but there it was, whizzing past.

Thing is, I live in a village and this is the only bus that leaves in the morning so if I miss that I'm fucked. Luckily I was able to get a lift from DP who had just come home from a night shift.

I really want to complain to the bus company but I have made complaints before about it being late and resulting in me being late for work EVERY DAY. I am losing money and bonuses because of their god awful service.

Theycallmemellowjello Thu 28-May-15 14:18:59

No, you're totally justified in complaining! This is as bad as being late.

helenahandbag Thu 28-May-15 14:20:48

YANBU. Where I lived before has an award-winning bus service, it's a really reliable, easy to use and frequent service. I moved to Glasgow a couple of years ago and, though I rarely get the bus, they are dirty, expensive and turn up whenever they like. They don't wait if they're early but they're usually ten minutes late and no-one bats an eye.

I've only taken the bus around my local area so I'm not commenting for the whole of Glasgow but I'm less than impressed by what I've seen.

chaletdays Thu 28-May-15 14:22:45

YANBU. If the bus driver got to the airport on time for a flight and was told that they'd just decided to close the gate ten minutes early so he couldn't go through, how would he like it?
Because it's the same bloody principle.

RedKite1985 Thu 28-May-15 14:26:24

Thanks, I have written a complaint!!

Some of DH's friends drive buses in London and leaving a stop before your timetable says so is a potential disciplinary offence. It is not unusual in London to have a bus stop at a stop for an extra minute because they are ahead of the timetable.

It is reasonable to complain. I'd be mightly pissed off if my train left early in the mornings.

3CheekyLittleMonkeys Thu 28-May-15 14:30:44

YANBU. This has happened to me before!

Stealthpolarbear Thu 28-May-15 14:33:00

Are you sure it wasn't he one before, late

RedKite1985 Thu 28-May-15 14:38:22

That did cross my mind stealth and I waited for about 15 minutes.

Actually, that is the first bus in the morning

Totality22 Thu 28-May-15 14:49:03

I've been on buses in central London that have turned off the engine and sat a bus stop whilst playing the "regulating services" message.

I completely understand if it's a once and house bus but these buses can run like every 3-5 minutes in rush hour and I always end up on the one that bloody stops!!

Totality22 Thu 28-May-15 14:49:26

Sorry - I meant "once an hour" bus!

SilverDragonfly1 Thu 28-May-15 15:45:02

And then there are the buses that announce halfway through the journey that they're not going all the way any more and everyone has to get off and wait for the next one- extra fun for people with prams and disabled people who might not be able to get an appropriate spot on the next one!

Rainbunny Thu 28-May-15 21:11:56

I remember the really crappy bus service in the village I grew up in. There would be one bus every couple of hours to the nearest city and if I was waiting inside the bus shelter on a rainy day, the bus would simply drive on by without stopping at all half the time! I would walk the couple of miles home to just turn around and walk back trying to get the next bus in two hours time. Definitely motivated me to get my driver's license.

Kayakwonder Thu 28-May-15 22:06:03

Complain on twitter and facebook OP, kick up a fuss and hold the bus company to account. Totally unacceptable for the driver to do this.

Foreverlurking Thu 28-May-15 22:12:55

YADNBU!

I currently live in a villiage with a bus service every 2 hours and this has happened before.
I just kept harassing them and eventually they gave me 20 pound credit as I had to get a taxi for 15 oound.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now