To be so annoyed at DP

(12 Posts)
OneDoneOneBun Sat 23-May-15 19:58:39

I just need a rant!

We have a 9 month old DS and I'm 9 weeks pregnant with second baby, I'm absolutely exhausted and feeling run down, DP is so unsupportive it's getting on my tits  every time i'm tired he has to be "far more tired" I have been awake since 3am after getting up for a million toilet trips then not getting back to sleep, I got up with DS at 6.20 when he woke up and DP layed in until 10am (we do getting up every other day) but all day he's been "so exhausted" he slept for 12 hours!! ) I've just bathed and put the baby to bed (we do that every other day too) and now I've come down and he's laying on the settee dropping off to sleep because he's sooo tired so that leaves me to cook AGAIN. He says he has a migraine now, he's always ill when it suits, maybe I am being unreasonable and he is feeling shitty but I just would LOVE for one day him to say "you put your feet up love, I'll make you a cuppa and sort dinner/the baby etc"
He is otherwise good and helps out with the baby, he works when he has work booked in (self employed) but can sometimes go days without work and even if he's here i'm still the one who does the cooking, cleaning, washing etc. I just need a break!

OneDoneOneBun Sat 23-May-15 20:02:27

I mean that we take turns o get up with him every other day not that we leave him there every other day grin

BullshitS70 Sat 23-May-15 20:03:17

erm...stop cooking for him then and try saying 'tiredness is not a competition, we are both shattered'.

Problem solved

Icimoi Sat 23-May-15 20:04:07

If he's constantly tired without obvious reason, I suggest you make him go the GP.

OneDoneOneBun Sat 23-May-15 20:04:43

He's not even tired, he slept for 12 hours straight and has done nothing all day ! Grr

OneDoneOneBun Sat 23-May-15 20:05:31

Cross posted, I agree he should go if he's genuinely tired, I can't make him though

Moln Sat 23-May-15 20:06:03

Stop cooking and washing for him.

Justusemyname Sat 23-May-15 20:06:50

Don't cook for him. Tell him he's a dick head and needs to grow up.

Or be pa and tell him you thought he'd be too tired to eat.

Justusemyname Sat 23-May-15 20:07:09

He won't change unless he has too.

wheresthelight Sat 23-May-15 20:11:50

My dp does the same op. drives me bloody bonkers. the difference is he offers to do stuff and then forgetsnor falls asleep.

I go on strike every so often and refuse to do anything. when he runs out of clean pants he usually gets the message albeit for a short time

wineandpopcorn Sat 23-May-15 20:14:50

My husband is the same, and I am also pregnant with a young baby. I am seriously considering going it alone I am so sick of having to literally do everything, its should destroying. I really sympathise flowers.

wineandpopcorn Sat 23-May-15 20:15:18

*Soul destroying

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now