Video recording grandson in the car whilst you are driving.

(11 Posts)
Hobby2014 Sat 23-May-15 09:04:57

I have somebody on Facebook who is a grandparent to an almost 1 year old.

This weekend he is looking after his grandson - he looks after him for a weekend at least once a month.

He has just uploaded a video he's taken of his GS in the car. GP is recording the video of his GS in the front passenger seat rear facing blowing raspberries. You can see out of the window that they are on a motorway and are going quite fast.

AIBU to think that you shouldn't use your mobile phone when driving full stop, and it's an even bigger nono if you have a tiny precious child in the car, especially if he isn't your tiny precious child.

What is wrong with people?

vvviola Sat 23-May-15 09:10:12

Some people are idiots.

I was driving home yesterday from visiting my DM in hospital (so admittedly tired, emotional and a bit grumpy) and the car in front of me kept slowing down (in 80kph zone) to let the passenger lean out the window to take pictures of road signs.

If I was the parent of the child in your OP, the GP wouldnt be looking after my child again.

Penfold007 Sat 23-May-15 09:11:14

Maybe he uses a dash board mounted cctv camera and not his mobile ?

Hobby2014 Sat 23-May-15 09:13:39

He was definitely holding it, it was moving all over the place, because the seat is RF the angle wouldn't work. It was definitely being held by the driver. Like it starts at the steering wheel, moves to look at GS, then at the end comes back to the dash board etc. so not a passenger sitting in back and not attached to anything.

fairgame Sat 23-May-15 09:14:52

A dash mounted cctv won't be able to see into a rear facing car seat penfold.
Yanbu he is an idiot.

Charis1 Sat 23-May-15 09:16:58

report him to the police

Oldraver Sat 23-May-15 17:22:27

Have the parents seen the video ? If it were my child i would be having stern words

Andrewofgg Sat 23-May-15 17:25:53

Parents must be told.

specialsubject Sat 23-May-15 17:44:10

tell the parents before he kills someone - it may not be himself or the child.

ispyfispi Sat 23-May-15 22:14:56

A friend of mine posted a similar video of her dd that was clearly taken while she was driving. I called her on it and it didn't go well hmm no regrets though, it's stupidly dangerous and just maybe she'll think before doing it again.

babyboomersrock Sat 23-May-15 22:42:11

That's terrifying. If he's uploaded it to FB, surely the parents will see?

If they don't, I hope someone directs their attention to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now