Vaguebooking

(27 Posts)
CrohnicallyInflexible Fri 22-May-15 18:42:10

Long story short- had a disagreement with somebody. Still friends on Facebook as it's hopefully only a temporary blip. She posted a status today about she's glad someone who said they were going to be there for her actually is there for her.

AIBU to think it's about me, but whether it is or isn't, it's a childish and immature way to go about things, and therefore I shouldn't care?

PuntasticUsername Fri 22-May-15 18:43:31

YANBU. Hate when people do this - ridiculous way to behave. Just Like it - if it isn't about you you'll look supportive and if it is, it'll confuse the hell out of her.

Ridiculous behaviour...she should talk to you.

hackmum Fri 22-May-15 18:44:34

Facebook is the perfect medium for passive aggression. It could almost have been invented for it.

mrschatty Fri 22-May-15 18:46:00

Tbh it's probably aimed at you....message her privately and say 'I know that was aimed at me- I hope we can move past this soon and go back to normal' if a friendship is worth having don't loose it over something that could be a temp blip xxxx

AlpacaPicnic Fri 22-May-15 19:03:32

It's totally aimed at you...
I dare you to 'like' it.

NoArmaniNoPunani Fri 22-May-15 19:10:30

I second alpaca, like it

Summerisle1 Fri 22-May-15 19:13:39

It's always well worth 'liking' a passive aggressive status that's meant for you. Seems rude not to.

SwedishEdith Fri 22-May-15 19:20:42

Oh, yes, please Like it. I don't have anyone on fb who does this - feel I'm missing out somewhat on the mind games you could play on these people envy

Notso Fri 22-May-15 19:21:56

What PuntasticUsername said. Like it.

CrohnicallyInflexible Fri 22-May-15 19:24:23

4 votes for 'liking', 2 votes for talking/messaging. 'Liking' it is then.

Fatmomma99 Fri 22-May-15 19:24:44

I also vote for liking it.

But I don't like FB.

CrohnicallyInflexible Fri 22-May-15 19:24:45

Make that 6 votes!

CrohnicallyInflexible Fri 22-May-15 19:27:14

Can't keep up... 7.

Generally, I like Facebook because it's easier for me to keep up with what's happening in people's lives. I have AS, don't like to talk on the phone or text people unless I know they want me to. So Facebook is perfect for keeping up with other people's toddlers, or seeing where they went on holiday, so when I do see them I have something to talk about.

SurlyCue Fri 22-May-15 19:28:06

Nooo dont like it. Post one of those grinny face with the tears coming out of the eyes under it. grin

GooodMythicalMorning Fri 22-May-15 19:29:20

Yep like

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Fri 22-May-15 19:30:59

Yanbu! Ignore it. So childish. Don't like it!

Strokethefurrywall Fri 22-May-15 19:32:38

like like like - and a smiley face grin

fattymcfatfat Fri 22-May-15 19:35:42

ha! like it.

YouTheCat Fri 22-May-15 19:40:18

I'd ignore it. And block the silly cow.

BestZebbie Fri 22-May-15 19:59:12

Or comment something like "awww - nice to be appreciated, always there for you hun x x x" :-)

KittensOnAPlane Fri 22-May-15 21:05:50

No no no - don't message her
2 reasons - one, if it is aimed at you, then you're just playing in to her PA
and secondly it could all escalate into absolute horror** - best to just leave it for a while

**i have friends who were really close as a group, then they fell out and 1 started putting up PA pictures, and then the other one pm'd her to say "is this about me" and it all went downhill from there, including police, and ambulances, and over a year later.... they are still not talking (sadly)

CrohnicallyInflexible Fri 22-May-15 21:15:15

Crikey kitten I didn't know Facebook could be so dangerous!

I haven't messaged her, mainly because I tried to patch things up and feel it's 'her move' now. I did however 'like' her status- if it's not about me then I won't have made things worse.

KittensOnAPlane Fri 22-May-15 21:15:30

yeah - do what Zebbie said - thats epic

CrohnicallyInflexible Fri 22-May-15 21:22:50

Unfortunately, I can't do that, as she named the person who was 'there for her'. (Needless to say, it wasn't me! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now