To ask how you regular posters all manage to keep up with MN?

(6 Posts)
Nullandvoid Mon 18-May-15 13:42:53

I dip in and out of MN - e.g. if I need to ask a question, I will post, or if I'm interested to see what people are saying e.g. around the time of the General Election, or if I can't sleep or am stuck in a doctor's waiting room or something.

But I'm always struck by some regular posters, some of whom have apparently been on MN for years, who seem to keep up with all the threads, know who people are on here, and remember threads from years ago.

I know when you have a new baby you are alone through the night for hours and so get that you might spend hours on MN, but am interested in those with older children, and jobs, who are still all over it.

How do you manage?

This is a genuine question - I find MN fascinating but also find that the demands of everyday life (family, house, job, friends) prevent me from spending as long as I'd like on here.

Theycallmemellowjello Mon 18-May-15 13:52:57

I haven't been in for years, but lately have got a bit obsessed. Honestly it's because I've got a lot of time on my hands!

tametempo Mon 18-May-15 13:56:33

One factor I can think of:
I suppose even those with older children spend a lot of time hanging around waiting at their DC hobbies and can use MN on their phones to keep themselves amused?

MinimumPayment Mon 18-May-15 14:11:39

I don't think I'm as up on it as some but I do spend a lot of time here. Often when I should be doing something else. My only justification is that I rarely watch TV!

I think quite a few posters catch up at work...shhh

Artandco Mon 18-May-15 14:16:57

I spend a lot of time in taxis commuting across London throughout the day to various locations for work. Also fly regularly for work so loads of waiting in departure lounges and for planes to take off. As well as waiting at school and nursery pick ups/ during sport lessons etc.

I'm in a taxi right now

Jackieharris Mon 18-May-15 14:17:24

I have a lot of 'waiting around' time in my life.

I use mn on my phone in the car when I'm parked waiting for dcs from school or for DP to get petrol, go to shops etc.

I do have my phone on pretty much any time my hands are free tbh. So I go between mn, fb, Twitter and other random stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now