to hate the new poltergeist advert?

(16 Posts)
glenthebattleostrich Sun 17-May-15 21:39:22

Watching The Enfield Haunting so its not like I'm a wimp but do they have to put that hideous clown on my bloody TV?

Leaving aside the fact they should never have remade it in the first place, a FUCKING AWFUL CLOWN.

Have none of them hidden Steven King novels in the airing cupboard under the spare bedding? Suddenly remembered an urgent hospital appointment at 2 o clock on a Sunday afternoon, coincidentally when attending a child's birthday party featuring an evil one?

They have ruined my Sunday evening, ruined it I tell you. I may have to practice my DM sad face.

OrlandoWoolf Sun 17-May-15 21:58:32

Clowns are evil.

That's a fact. Especially in horror movies. DS saw the advert for Poltergeist so I had to explain to him exactly why he was not going to watch it and why it was not suitable.

That then led to a conversation about how to survive zombies and what not to do if you are lost in America in the wilderness.

lisbapalea Sun 17-May-15 22:01:38

Have you seen the full length trailer. In the dark, at the cinema? Utterly utterly terrifying. Like all of the most frightening images / thoughts you could possibly think of, all vomited up into one hideous 90seconds of urgh.

OrlandoWoolf Sun 17-May-15 22:05:08

I didn't think they showed that trailer when we went to watch the Penguins movie grin

RinkRashDerbyKisses Sun 17-May-15 22:10:22

I think I've seen that. I didn't make it all the way to the end though. It was on someone's Facebook. It was in black and white and there was totally disturbing video clips. One that kept coming up was a nail going through a finger and various dead looking zombie monster ghostly things shuffling around.

It really turned my stomach. How people find that entertaining or fun is a total mystery to me. Different strokes and all that, I hate horror stuff.

WannabeLaraCroft Sun 17-May-15 22:12:39

There was a horror film released last year called Clown, with Eli Roth. I saw a trailer for it. Was only released in cinemas in Italy I believe but you can get it on dvd here. Looks bloody terrifying. I'm not overly freaked out by clowns, but there's not enough money in the world that would make me sit and watch that film. Google it......if you dare!!! shock

Littlegreyauditor Sun 17-May-15 22:55:10

YANBU There is never an excuse for clowns [shudder]

SistersofPercy Sun 17-May-15 23:12:52

The original scared the shit out of me, especially Kane (I think that was him). But when the cast and crew started to die that did it for me, I got a bit woo and haven't seen it since though DD is desperate to see the original.
blush

JoanHickson Sun 17-May-15 23:14:41

It was horrible and it didn't help watching The Endfield haux haunting

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Mon 18-May-15 00:13:39

omg. My dd is terrified of clowns but I do believe they (poltergeists) ghosts spirits know what you're scared off.
I remember watching scary this film with my mum
And dad as a 12 year old and the women in it had a really scary laugh. I mean beyond petrifying, anyway a few hours later when I was in Bed I heard the same laugh. I was lying there scared to death.
I told my friend and she said really casually oh it was a spirit scaring you as it knew you were scared of that laugh. Thanks. Very much for that. I still
Sleep with the freeeeeekiin light on. I can't think why!!!!

BertieBotts Mon 18-May-15 00:24:07

I had it come up on 4od the other day. It kindly invited me to "pick your worst nightmare", I suppose so they could show me a nice clip of it confused

I ended up moving to another tab and avoiding all of the ads, so well done for that, C4. I wasn't even watching anything scary, I was watching a documentary.

passmethewineplease Mon 18-May-15 00:25:34

YANBU. I am a big wimp, I want warnings before clips please! blush

fattymcfatfat Mon 18-May-15 00:34:25

oh, I thought nothing of it. just another trailer for a shitty remake of a shitty horror.

but to be fair my little brother is terrified of clowns. I may have put IT on when he slept over one night, thinking he was asleep when he wasn't and caused his fear

PixieHickies Mon 18-May-15 01:25:57

Clowns are creepy as fuck! It's the uncertainty of them. I'm never sure if they're smiling or about to bite my face off!

Anyway, YANBU. Bloody hate remakes. wink

NoArmaniNoPunani Mon 18-May-15 02:01:24

YANBU. Someone posted this on FB. Scared the shit out of me and now I can't sleep

glenthebattleostrich Mon 18-May-15 08:18:04

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks clowns are the ministers of Satan. DH laughed at me, especially when I explained how I used to hide books. Yep, my childhood terrors mean nothing go him!

As for remaking one of my favourite horror films, well at least when they ruined The Omen they put the lovely Liev Scriber (sp) in it to distract you from the awfulness. Not a fucking clown.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now