to sell someones spot for half the price?

(16 Posts)
ThinkIveBeenHacked Wed 13-May-15 10:05:04

A big group of us are going away for a night. Everyone has paid up, rooms allocated and spa treatments booked.

One of the attendees has pulled out, which I am not surprised at, she has had an utterly miserable year so far, and is still incredibly sad, and has said she just wont be good company and cant face it.

I totally understand and she has said she understands she wont get her money back and isnt fussed. The company will not refund as the event is in only a few weeks.

Another friend had intially said No when invited due to funds (she is getting married at the end of the year so every penny counts).Now I know there is a space, WIBU to offer it to her at half the price (45 instead of 90)? That way she can still come, and the other now non-attendee could get half her money back which is better than nothing?

I dont know what to do! I dont want anyone grumbling about someone getting it cheaper (which tbh I dont think they would as we are all clpse friends...)

Maybe Im just overthinking it all....

ninja Wed 13-May-15 10:06:08

seems completely sensible to me

TestingTestingWonTooFree Wed 13-May-15 10:07:32

Sounds like a good idea. If you're worried, you could run it by the canceller? (Just in case she was thinking it was still there if she changed her mind).

Poledra Wed 13-May-15 10:07:39

I'd do it - it's not like the original friend is just being a flake (I hope things pick up for her soon, BTW). And I wouldn't be miffed if I was one of the 'full-pricers', as it makes no difference to the cost for me.

iwantavuvezela Wed 13-May-15 10:07:47

Sounds like a win win solution to me

fuzzywuzzy Wed 13-May-15 10:08:01

I think that would be really nice for both the friend who had to pull out and the friend who initially couldnt attend.

OstentatiousBreastfeeder Wed 13-May-15 10:09:39

That's a lovely thing to do. I'm sure she'd really appreciate that smile

oddfodd Wed 13-May-15 10:10:46

That sounds like a complete win-win to me smile

ThinkIveBeenHacked Wed 13-May-15 10:11:06

Thanks everyone. Good idea about checking with the Canceller - I will check with her today that it is a definite and then offer.

MaidOfStars Wed 13-May-15 10:13:42

You are simply brokering a deal between the absent friend and the replacement friend. If absent friend wanted to give her space away for nothing, it would be her business, even if you are privy to the details.

RiskManagement Wed 13-May-15 10:17:03

In the position of the cancelling friend, I would offer it to the broke friend free of charge, assuming you all like each other! Then anything the broke friend offered (and TBH I would expect something) would be a bonus.

Yes, as the canceller what she wants to do.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Wed 13-May-15 10:21:55

Canceller and Other Friend dont know one another. Its for my birthday, so ive arranged it all, hence why I have assumed responsibility for trying to re sell Cancellers place.

OnlyLovers Wed 13-May-15 10:25:19

Lovely idea. smile

NRomanoff Wed 13-May-15 10:28:36

Double check with the one that cancelled and then offer

If anyone complains its their problem. Tell them next time you all do anything they are welcome to not book and hope someone drops out and they can get a cheap ticket. But they run the risk of not going.

It wasn't done in purpose from any side.

Gem124 Wed 13-May-15 20:02:38

I think that sounds a lovely idea for both :-)

kickassangel Wed 13-May-15 20:17:06

just ask the late-comer to keep quiet about how much it cost, and say that she managed to fill the place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now