to want to carry on watching Inspecter Morse

(12 Posts)
MonikerisMonica Sun 10-May-15 23:40:20

I was happily watching old episodes and then HE comes in from the pub and it ALL CHANGE

MonikerisMonica Sun 10-May-15 23:43:12

I really fancy John Thaw - hence my love of Inspector Morse.

omri Sun 10-May-15 23:50:05

Yanbu. I've the whole box set and watch an episode any time I get a few hrs to myself. Very seldom unfortunately now I've 2 kids under 3!!

Icimoi Mon 11-May-15 08:00:02

I wouldn't worry about it, OP, they're constantly replaying these on ITV3, if you miss any episodes they're bound to come round again.

Peaceloveandhobnobs Mon 11-May-15 11:58:04

"But she's an attractive woman, Lewis!"

londonrach Mon 11-May-15 12:01:46

Warning..dont watch the last one. It will have you in tears. I watched it once never again!

efeslight Mon 11-May-15 12:08:11

I also sobbed through the last episode and have avoided it ever since.
Love the quote peaceandlove...

AyMamita Mon 11-May-15 16:45:26

www.itv.com/itvplayer/inspector-morse

You're welcome smile

PHANTOMnamechanger Mon 11-May-15 16:51:24

Having got used to Lewis instead, I could not believe how young he looked in Morse last night! I like Endeavour too. And am looking forward to the next spin off "Hathaway" ! grin

DH spoils it though because he went to Oxford uni and always butts in with "but you cant go that way down that street" or "thats a completely different part of the town to where they just were" [death stare]

muminhants Mon 11-May-15 16:58:56

Morse was sheer class. It was great that they were able to carry it on as Lewis and actually carried it off.

My DH went to Oxford and is the same - either pointing places out or saying you can't go a certain way.

It's the same with Bergerac too - he drives into the tunnel and instead of emerging from one side of St Helier to another, he's on the other side of the island smile

And if you remember Monarch of the Glen - they seemed to be very close to Glenbogle station (Broomhill), which is in reality a very long way from the house (Ardverikie)! All good stuff.

Mind you the best one was the James and Claire Frazer books which have been made into the Outlander film. In one of those books a character drives from Inverness to Oxford in five hours...can I have his car please?

DuncanQuagmire Mon 11-May-15 17:01:12

it did cross my mind when I was watching Morse last night that maybe, just maybe, Morse was a tiny bit sleazy?

marshmallowpies Mon 11-May-15 17:11:29

Best episodes? The devil worship one with Keith Allen in drag, and the one with Cheryl Campbell which they think is all about environmental protests (nasty packages being sent in the post) but turns out to be about something else entirely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now