to have a mini rant

(8 Posts)
m0therofdragons Thu 07-May-15 14:49:54

I said something about dd2 having a grumpy week and having tantrums about everything. It's like she's regressed a year as she's 3 and had been lots better. Clearly my friend (friend of a friend who is a know it all but usually tolerable) clearly thinks I'm useless. She's actually suggested I should do more to keep dc busy to avoid tantrums and maybe I could try play dough. Because clearly as an intelligent mum of 3 I haven't figured out dc like play dough. The tantrum was at the end of swimming when she was tired so I think the main issue was she's too busy and needs down time.
I know it's very minor but it seems I don't take well to being patronised. Mind you, makes a change from her going on about how clever her 3yo is and that's why she does structured writing lessons.

WorraLiberty Thu 07-May-15 15:32:14

She suggested play dough as a way to keep your child occupied and from that you got 'Clearly you're useless', and you felt she was patronising you?

Also, your last line makes you sound a bit petty.

Having said that, I do remember the stress smaller kids can cause but I still think YABU, and taking it too personally.

m0therofdragons Thu 07-May-15 16:36:46

I think iabu but I think it's the way she says it. Implies I have no idea and don't do anything with my dc.
the last sentence didn't really explain the context - she told me I'm lucky my dc aren't bright which went onto the fact she has to do structured writing as her dd is very bright.

sparkysparkysparky Thu 07-May-15 16:39:37

Some people are so insecure that the make a competition out of parenthood. Take a deep breath and forget the bloody play dough.

WorraLiberty Thu 07-May-15 16:43:05

Oh, in that case I'd shove the play dough up her arse and see if it comes out her ears grin

AlpacaLypse Thu 07-May-15 16:44:43

she told me I'm lucky my dc aren't bright which went onto the fact she has to do structured writing as her dd is very bright.

Jaw dropping!

m0therofdragons Thu 07-May-15 18:44:43

Thing is she says it nicely so I feel if I challenge her i would look like the bitch. her dd probably is bright - I've not assessed her - but there are ways of saying it.
For the record I do do playdough etc. Don't all mums?

VelvetRose Thu 07-May-15 18:47:53

She sounds unbearable. I avoid know it all parents like that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now