is it safe to mix tic tacs?

(84 Posts)
TiggyD Mon 04-May-15 08:07:34

I mean the orange/lime and cherry/passion ones. Nothing weird involving mint? Or will bad things happen? I've got 2 big boxes both half full and i'm thinking of mixing.

acjfluff Mon 04-May-15 08:11:06

Hmm if you're thinking of mixing I think you need some medical help. That's some serious shit.

magimedi Mon 04-May-15 08:13:30

Not sure but have pinched this from another thread for you to show you you are right about mint!

Stinkylinky Mon 04-May-15 08:14:20

Is this for real?

SoupDragon Mon 04-May-15 08:18:06

Yes, Stinky, of course it's for real.

OP, I think you need to admit you have a problem and go join a support group. Surely you know it's unacceptable?

londonrach Mon 04-May-15 08:20:48

Dont. If you mix your tic tacs bad things happen...... You have been warned grin. On a serious not i didnt realise they still made tic tacs and didnt realise they made them in other flavours to mint.

VixxFace Mon 04-May-15 08:31:37

I've heard they make new flavours when mixed.

HoneyDragon Mon 04-May-15 08:33:35

By mix do you mean different flavours in your mouth at the same time, or alternating from two different packs?

MishMooshAndMogwai Mon 04-May-15 08:34:53

Play with feathers and you'll get your arse tickled. You've been warned OP- put down the feathers!

SoldierBear Mon 04-May-15 08:35:39

No.
Under no circumstances mix different flavours.
Huge risk of spontaneous combustion. Or worse. Plagues of locusts, suppurating boils etc.

Elisheva Mon 04-May-15 08:36:19

Are you only mixing for storage purposes but will still eat according to flavour? Because I think that's okay.

TiggyD Mon 04-May-15 08:36:56

Can you be sure that a lime/cherry combo won't open a portal to the underworld?
And haven't the flavours been specially dedigned to go together?
And yes stinky, this is serios. Deadly serious. You don't gamble with tic tacs.

Timeforabiscuit Mon 04-May-15 08:38:07

No, tictacs are segregated in their clear plastic prisons for a reason!

Cherry and passion fruit tic tacs get along fine, put a rogue mint in their hangs head the consequences are disasterous.

RealHousewifeOfSheffield Mon 04-May-15 08:40:18

I think it's fine to mix them in the container. But not in your mouth, obvs.
Just take them one at a time and it should be fine OP

Timeforabiscuit Mon 04-May-15 08:41:27

I am glad your raising this seriously, mixing tictacs is a very little researched and poorly understood area - I for one expect a greater level of corporate responsibility .

Just look at the coke/mento fiasco - we don't want a repeat of that!

MiscellaneousAssortment Mon 04-May-15 08:42:07

Well of the world ends later today I'll know who to blame... As I'm being sucked into a whirling vortex of dark matter which is expanding exponentially to break down time and space itself.

And on a bank holiday (tuts).

Timeforabiscuit Mon 04-May-15 08:42:15

Dancing with the devil there real - op I really wouldn't chance it....

SoldierBear Mon 04-May-15 08:42:27

Lime cherry combo is risky, but more in terms of interrupting the space/time continuum.
Lime and passion brings on uncontrollable farting within 23.9 seconds.
Don't they teach ANYTHING at schools these days? this was all dealt with under the infamous Spangle disaster of 1974 when thousands of children mixed Olde English flavours with Buttermints and their ears pinged out at right angles to their heads.

NoArmaniNoPunani Mon 04-May-15 08:42:34

I think cherry and lime would go well together. You'll need to top them all out and sort them.

YouPooPooBumBum Mon 04-May-15 08:45:45

This is far, far worse . . . makes me feel sick all the flavours rubbing off on each other.

ConcreteElephant Mon 04-May-15 09:02:28

Didn't lime and orange used to have separate sides in the plastic prison, with separate little doors?

Clearly science has determined that a small amount of mixing is ok as this doesn't happen anymore.

TiggyD have you applied for a research grant to take the next exciting step in this desegregation process?

So thrilling, the march of progress.

wanttosqueezeyou Mon 04-May-15 09:02:40

Not sure. Maybe ring 111 and explain the situation?

PacificDogwood Mon 04-May-15 09:08:09

Cherry/passion tictac flavour?!

What's the world coming to? <leaves thread shaking her head in despair>

TaliZorahVasNormandy Mon 04-May-15 09:09:47

If you want to start the great Tic Tac war of 2015 go ahead. But you have been warned.

Those Cherry ones might sound sweet, but they are mean fuckers.

GoodbyeToAllOfThat Mon 04-May-15 09:13:02

I would trial it with maybe 10 of each, and see how it goes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now