A very trivial change from asking for opinions on my future child's name choice. Please give honest opinions on these colour options for a dishware set. Thanks to anyone who bothers to weigh in!

(68 Posts)
Rainbunny Sun 03-May-15 01:26:07

So I like both colour choices, this set is a bargain look-a-like to a Denby set of dishware IMO. Can't choose between the blue/taupe or the mushroom/taupe. Anyone bored enough to open this thread and vote will be very appreciated!

DramaAlpaca Sun 03-May-15 01:29:14

I'd choose the blue version.

MrsTerryPratchett Sun 03-May-15 01:30:12

Bleugh to the poopy brown. Blue for me. BTW YABVU to have this in AIBU. grin

Minitant Sun 03-May-15 01:30:31

If choose the blue, I think food would look better on it for some reason.

Spermysextowel Sun 03-May-15 01:30:45

Blue.

Millipedewithherfeetup Sun 03-May-15 01:30:51

Blue here too !

SorchaN Sun 03-May-15 01:32:43

Another vote for blue.

Rainbunny Sun 03-May-15 01:34:25

Thanks, I am leaning towards blue as well. I just keep wondering about how various food will look on a blue plate?

Oh yes MrsTerry - I know I am BVU to have this in AIBU but the replies here are so quick and honest! Besides, if others can ask for opinions on naming their child "widget" then surely I can get feedback on dinnerware? ;)

FastWindow Sun 03-May-15 01:36:08

Both are horrible, sorry smile Denby is usually white inside isn't it?

Korma (eg) would look weird on blue plates.

I may be BU grin

ilovemargaretatwood8931 Sun 03-May-15 01:36:35

The blue is beautiful! Quite like the brown, but like blue very much.

FastWindow Sun 03-May-15 01:37:09

I like 'widget' yabu. smile

FatSwan Sun 03-May-15 01:38:45

Blue vote here!

cuntyMcCunterson Sun 03-May-15 01:41:54

Blue for me. I really really dislike eating from dark coloured crockery.

Spermysextowel Sun 03-May-15 01:44:14

The concentration of colour in the middle of the brown makes me think bum hole.

MrsTerryPratchett Sun 03-May-15 01:46:53

If you're worried about how food will look, get white plates. I have blue plates and they are lovely.

The 'Widget' people are also BVU.

Nee Naww it's the AIBU Police grin

Rainbunny Sun 03-May-15 01:48:26

Fastwindow - Denby have making lines with various colours inside for years now. The set I like is pictured here. I just don't want to spend the price on a Denby set that would be for everyday family casual dining, we have a decent set for formal entertaining.

FastWindow Sun 03-May-15 01:51:23

Well that's me told rain all my admittedly old Denby is white inside. Must keep up smile
Well then I'd go brown. Goes with most food?

Rainbunny Sun 03-May-15 01:52:43

Did I somehow actually offend somebody with using "widget" as a silly name reference? I work in software development and a web "widget" means a basic application with limited functionality. I used it offhand because I didn't want to use a real name in case it offends... Blimey it IS true what they say about the ability of posters to get offended...

squoosh Sun 03-May-15 01:54:43

Food looks best on a white plate but of these two options definitely pick the blue!

The brown is a bit too Victorian workhouse.

squoosh Sun 03-May-15 01:56:15

Oh dear.

OP, the 'widget' people were clearly joking

Spermysextowel Sun 03-May-15 02:00:50

My godmother had the 'rough' kind of Denby. When she stirred her coffee I'd have to leave the room because the sound made me vomit. When I visited her as an adult I used to take plastic cutlery, which wasn't perfect as still a little screechy & I once swallowed a fork tine, but at least it was more bearable than the fingernails on a blackboard feeling.

FastWindow Sun 03-May-15 02:01:26

I was a widget YABUer. Sorry for worrying you! I got the joke!

I submit ' Klamydia' instead. Or 'Diana Victoria Elizabeth'

OK now I'm jesting... I love å royal baby.

Rainbunny Sun 03-May-15 02:07:14

Squoosh - I think I just realized that. Apologies for overreacting! It just seems so easy to accidentally offend someone here...

I've never owned anything but white dinnerware before, mostly because I can mix and match any white items. Recently though, I just felt drawn to something a bit different for once. I'm far too boring in general, which must be obvious as I'm asking strangers to weigh in on the bold decision of buying non-white dinnerware.

KoalaDownUnder Sun 03-May-15 02:07:27

BLUE.

Brown is 1970s yuck.

TwigletLola Sun 03-May-15 02:53:30

Definitely blue, the brown is a rather poo-ish shade of brown!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now