To think Lowri Turner is a massive twat?

(78 Posts)
iLoveFlop Sat 02-May-15 21:06:21

Googling tips on caring for DD's hair, and I came across this article (it is old)

Lowri Turner on being the mother of a mixed race child

Amongst other things, she talks of being dismayed her friend says DD is getting darker, and says anyone in an interracial relationship is trying to make a statement.

Maybe it just struck a chord with me, after someone told me when DD was a few weeks old that they would find it weird having a baby a different colour to them, but AIBU to think this was really shitty of Lowri?

Gobbolinothewitchscat Sat 02-May-15 21:07:50

Oh yes. She's a mega bellend

I know one of her sisters professionally too and she is a mega bellend too. Quelle surprise!

VelvetRose Sat 02-May-15 21:09:15

Yes, I remember reading this at the time. I thought it was odd too. I'm in a mixed race relationship because I fell in love with someone who happened to be of a different race, like most people I think!

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Sat 02-May-15 21:10:57

I remember this article at the time.

I have a friend who is white with mixed race children. There are genuine challenges, obviously. Bigger things like how to teach your child to deal with racism when you have never been on the receiving end. Little things like learning to care for their hair.

The article is twattish.

Bumpandkind Sat 02-May-15 21:13:22

Yes, she always comes across as twattish. This article just cements it.

babbityann Sat 02-May-15 21:13:29

She is a proper twat. At first she complained about having boys (wrong gender)and wanted a daughter to 'have more in common with' and then she had a daughter and can't bond with her either (wrong colour).
The woman should be put down!

wineoclockthanks Sat 02-May-15 21:16:20

I went to school with her and...... Yes she was then too!

SquidgyMummy Sat 02-May-15 21:20:15

She is dreadful, I remember this.
Also she says she is a twin when actually she is a triplet and one of her sisters isdisabled so she doesn't acknowledge her

Gobbolinothewitchscat Sat 02-May-15 21:21:04

My God. Lowri has united us.

A unanimous You Are Not Being Unreasonable!

iLoveFlop Sat 02-May-15 21:21:41

Jesus squidgy, really?

I upgrade my twat, to cunt status then!

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 02-May-15 21:23:05

I remember reading the article at the time and just thinking it was an incredibly weird mindset to have about your own child.

Squidgy I am horrified about the hidden sister thing.

TheLastThneed Sat 02-May-15 21:24:40

I'm definitely not making a statement with my choice of partner...

UncertainSmile Sat 02-May-15 21:26:37

I remember threads about her on Digital Spy at the time. Everyone hated her, except one poster suspected to be the lady herself (or a close friend).

Noeuf Sat 02-May-15 21:28:39

www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/style/article136148.ece

This is the article - think it's slightly unfair to say she's ashamed

AuntyMag10 Sat 02-May-15 21:29:33

Squidgy really shock
Bloody twat, feel so sorry for the sibling she doesn't acknowledge.

Nervo Sat 02-May-15 21:29:35

There is no point on the spectrum of unreasonableness to which your belief that Turner is a twat belongs.

ThingummyJigg Sat 02-May-15 21:30:09

Jesus. How does she come out with that claptrap when she was brought up by liberal parents? "People think this, that and the other when you're in a mixed race relationship" NO THEY DON'T, not all of them, only the bellends <hands Lowri a mirror>

There used to be a lot of ire on here about Lowri Turner, then Katie Hopkins happened. So the only good think about Hopkins is she relieved us Turner. Every cloud and all that.

SquidgyMummy Sat 02-May-15 21:30:11

she doesn't have many fans here

porkpieandgin Sat 02-May-15 21:31:05

She rides at the same stables as me. She seems perfectly normal in real life!

squoosh Sat 02-May-15 21:32:06

YANBU

I remember this article when it first came out. Thought it was strange then. Hope she's come to term with the 'confusion of emotions' she felt when she looked at her daughter.

'Judgments are made about a white woman who gives birth to a black child. She is stereotyped as a Vicky Pollard figure, eking out her days pushing a buggy through a supermarket car park, wearing saggy leggings and fagging it.'

Ugh.

ShatnersBassoon Sat 02-May-15 21:37:02

I haven't thought about her for years! Not since she presented the wonderful Shopping City hmm

She really is Hopkins-Lite. A nasty little rent-a-gob.

squoosh Sat 02-May-15 21:37:48

I wonder where she is these days. She was all over TV circa 2001.

Rivercam Sat 02-May-15 21:41:16

Just had a quick look at Wikipedia. She is now divorced from the father of the daughter mentioned above( born in 2007), and had twins last year.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lowri_Turner

Stitchintime1 Sat 02-May-15 21:45:41

I think the article makes for uncomfortable reading and I would hate to be her daughter reading it. But I find it more convincing than all the I don't see colour or race rhetoric you sometimes come across.

squoosh Sat 02-May-15 21:46:06

It says she was born in 1964. So she had twins at 50!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now