To have let this charity telemarketer go through his entire spiel before telling him "no"?

(8 Posts)
BlackNoSugar Sat 02-May-15 16:10:05

I already give to this charity monthly by direct debit. I get a call about three times a year thanking me and telling me why the charity is fantastic, and why they are particularly busy at the moment, and why they need just a little more money, and can I please increase my direct debit just a bit.

I usually interrupt nicely about a minute in, and tell them if they're calling to ask me to increase my donation or give a one-off donation, I'm sorry but the answer is no. They thank me and ring off.

They rang today, and the man had the most amazing voice. Perfectly cultured, perfect diction, a gorgeous deep tone. It was like Nigel Havers crossed with Benedict Cumberbatch. I was listening with a massive grin on my face, DH asked what was going on and I put it on speakerphone for a few seconds so he could hear too (he gave me the hmm face and went back to the tellly) and I let the nice charity man waffle on for the next five minutes, and I may have encouraged him with the odd "mmm", "yes", "uh-huh" just to keep him going.

AIBU to have a slight crush on a voice? grin

GloGirl Sat 02-May-15 16:15:05

Can't remember his accent or why I was talking to him but during a perfectly innocent talk with a stranger I was blushing because I had such a crush!!

GloGirl Sat 02-May-15 16:15:53

That should say it happened to me once, a few years ago

londonrach Sat 02-May-15 16:19:58

The plusnet guys have a lovely yorkshire accident. Trouble is my internet doesnt seem to go down so have no need to phone them BUT i do phone once a year to listen to their voice and renew my internet.. Yanbu.

CorporationPop Sat 02-May-15 16:32:52

Phwooaaarrr. YANBU wink

Grandshiredoubles Sat 02-May-15 17:29:52

I once had a boyfriend with the most gorgeous deep lovely voice. The receptionist where I worked used to love him calling and he would often bu out on loudspeaker, Unfortunately his looks didn't Match lol

A friend just couldnt get enough of hearing him he used to leave messages on her answer phone for her to swoon over when she came out of work (with my full knowledge btw)

BlackNoSugar Sat 02-May-15 17:33:42

I should have told him I'd think about it and asked him to call back next week.

Hindsight is everything <sigh>

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now