AIBU? Just received an invitation to an 'Indoor Plant Workshop'.

(12 Posts)
toffeeboffin Fri 01-May-15 16:52:18

This is the end, isn't it? I'm 33 and this is as exciting as it gets on a Friday afternoon. No cocktails. No dashing men in suits. No sir-ee bob, no.

A bloody plant workshop! And it's indoors! Well, it's for indoor plants but it's also indoors so not even a chance of a bit of sunshine and wind.

What do I do? Accept total defeat and attend? My friend at work really wants to. It's next week at lunchtime. It's 8 quid and 'Each participant will receive 3 different, small, easy-to-care for indoor plants (3 ½ to 4” pots)'.

Not a bad deal, really.

(Disclaimer: apologies to anyone who likes gardening. My fingers are plainly not green)

OrlandoWoolf Fri 01-May-15 16:53:41

small, easy-to-care for indoor plants

Easy to care for? Not with my track history grin

woowoo22 Fri 01-May-15 16:54:00

grin

Embrace the Horlicks and elasticated waists. Do it OP!

sunbathe Fri 01-May-15 16:55:20

Slippers and a pipe next! grin

FarFromAnyRoad Fri 01-May-15 16:55:40

Ah. You're the target demographic for those pull on comfy slippers - 3 pairs 9.99 - in those newspaper supplements aren't you OP?

fulltothebrim Fri 01-May-15 16:59:24

Depends- if it includes hydroponics and large lighting rigs it may be interesting....

AlternativeTentacles Fri 01-May-15 17:02:01

Easy to care for? Not with my track history

Perhaps if you went on a workshop you might learn how to look after indoor plants?

There is NOTHING oap about gardening. Fuck off with your comfy slippers and horlicks.

OrlandoWoolf Fri 01-May-15 17:05:00

I'm on the Wyevale list so I suspect I'd get an email invite sometime.

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 01-May-15 17:10:40

I often wonder how I keep another human being alive but every plant I have ever owned has died.

fulltothebrim Fri 01-May-15 17:12:46

It's not rocket science.

AuntyMag10 Fri 01-May-15 17:14:57

grin Op how did you manage to get that invite?
Sounds like a snoozefest. Surely something else better to do.

desertmum Fri 01-May-15 17:40:18

I'm with alternative on this I love gardening so sounds like a good afternoon to me - you can go for cocktails when you've finished and then go for a meal.

I am very excited because all my free plants have arrived and are ready for potting smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now